Ebay duplicated an order but can't return duplicate because it was a No Returns Policy item.

Seller claims that can't issue a refund because ebay takes payment. All follow-up messages are ignored.

Can't get a contact for ebay because the process assumes that can return item, so can't get to an ebay contact.

I actually ordered two items (different suppliers). The other supplier realised what had happened and issued refund. 

I was unaware of the duplication as I only received one order confirmation (which was correct- I only placed one order). The first time I realised ebay had duplicated the order was when I received two items. Because this supplier doesn't accept returns, I'm stuck with paying for a duplicate (£70 each) for a fault of the ebay system.

All I want is to be able to contact ebay, but can't get it from their system.

Can someone provide me with contact details ?

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ebay duplicated an order but can't return duplicate because it was a No Returns Policy item.

Just to confirm you say you ordered one ottoman and received one order confirmation.

But you received two ottomans.

Does your purchase history show you've bought one ottoman or two.

Does your bank account or whatever payment method you show one payment or two payments.

Not accepting returns only applies to change of mind returns.

If you are positive you never ordered the duplicate ottoman personally I would open a return using the reason "received wrong item".

The seller would have to accept it.

To talk to eBay customer services use this link it bypasses the automated assistant during opening hours.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

If the ad showed the Ebay MBG on it then all sellers have to accept returns requests for items not as described.

Private sellers dont have to accept returns requests for "change of mind" requests.

Business sellers do have to accept returns requests for "change of mind" but buyer has to return at their own cost by trackable method.

You could request a call back via the "help and contact" link at the bottom of most pages.

Best time to do this is just after 8am Mon to Fri or just after 9am on weekends and Bank Holidays.

P.S. I don't understand why you are out of pocket if you bought 2 items but got refunded for one.

If you now have 2 items and have only paid for one you need to sort it out with the seller who refunded you.

Ebay wouldn't duplicate an oder for same item from 2 different sellers.Maybe you added 2 items to basket and forgot to remove one of them before paying.

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

Your original post is confusing but looking at the feedback you left i can see what's happened.

Your seller is not registered correctly ,they claim to be a private seller hence the no returns policy.

The purchase history on that ad shows "2 sold".

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

I have not received a refund for the second item. The supplier has refused to provide it because they don't accept returns, and they also claim that ebay took the payments so its up to me to contct ebay to sort it out.

They received 2 separate orders from ebay for delivery to me - I received one order confirmation. I didn't order 2 of the item. Ebay shows 2 separate orders. As I say, I only placed one order and, quite rightly, received only one order confirmation.

As I see it, I need to contact ebay direct to sort this out, but I can't get a contact for them.

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

The purchase history may show 2 sold but that i by 2 separate orders, but I only placed one order, and received one order confirmation for one item.

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Just to confirm you say you ordered one ottoman and received one order confirmation.

But you received two ottomans.

Does your purchase history show you've bought one ottoman or two.

Does your bank account or whatever payment method you show one payment or two payments.

Not accepting returns only applies to change of mind returns.

If you are positive you never ordered the duplicate ottoman personally I would open a return using the reason "received wrong item".

The seller would have to accept it.

To talk to eBay customer services use this link it bypasses the automated assistant during opening hours.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid 

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

I would do what @douglaspuglas has suggested. Seller would have to accept the return and provide return label or the claim would be closed down and you would get refund and keep secong item. I would not even send any more messages to the seller and would just open the claim. Down to the seller to sort out with eBay the extra costs of sending and getting back if an eBay glitch caused it.

They also should be on business sellers account. Who has 10 of those to sell as well as 5 brand new beds.

I would report them also as they're taking away your consumer rights by being private

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

Thank you very much for your advice.

I requested a return claiming 'wrong Item delivered'.

After contacting the supplier, he said that I can return the item but he will deduct the postage costs from my refund. He then sent me a returns label.

As you suggested, I contacted ebay via your link. They couldn't be more helpful. I am now confident that I will get my refund.

Thank you so much for your advice.

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

Thank you for your advice. I followed @douglaspuglas  (see other respose).

I am now confident of a successful conclusion.

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

The seller should not be deducting any postage costs from your refund. 

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

Like  @sml192 says they should not be deducting postage from your refund.

You may have to contact eBay customer services again to get your full refund.

Please come back and tell us how it goes.

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: