Can no longer make offer. Total game changer. But why?

Hi,

I always have to use click and collect as larger parcels rarely get to me? Large building with many flats and businesses.

Make offer which I use a lot. I can't select C&C for delivery or Apple Pay for that matter. 

Happy to pay immediately and work around Apple Pay, BUT I still need Click and Collect for delivery  option.

What's going on here? Delivery is separate from payment, so why isn't it still an option when it is an option for buy it now and auctions.

total bad game changer

Chris (very annoyed 😠

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Contact the Seller & see if they will used 'Click & Collect'.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

There's been a reccent change to sellers making / accepting offers.

This requires the buyer to provide a payment method,  and an immediate payment is made from this.

It was introduced to stop the many non payments sellers were experiencing after an offer was accepted.

On paper it sounds good,  but it has many failings,  you cannot select a different payment method,  no combined postage and Click & Collect cannot be offered.  Many sellers do not know they've been opted into this scheme,  and only they can opt out.

@ukmastering_chris_daniels 

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Personally I think you should try doing what ile136yz has already suggested and contact the seller to see whether he/she would be willing to send the item to a Click & Collect address.  However, in the event that the seller is not prepared to do this, then if there is somebody else that you know you can trust to take delivery of the item on your behalf and you can get their permission to use their address so that you could collect the item from them, then perhaps you could use that address as the delivery address at Checkout.  All you would need to do would be to change the delivery address manually when you go through Checkout; however, be sure to change this back again when you next buy something, otherwise your second choice address may well keep on popping up as the address that you want all of your items posted to!

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Even if the seller is happy to use Click & Collect and it is showing on the listing as an option it cannot currently be used in conjunction with Best Offer  where pre-authorised payment is required, as stated by tressygirl.   The seller would need to opt out of the requirement for pre-authorised payment for Click & Collect to work.

It is now possible to change the delivery address at the point of making a Best Offer but as said for some reason you can't select a Click & Collect address at the moment.

Likewise you can change the payment method at the point of making a Best Offer but Apple Pay and Google Pay are not currently available as options, only debit / credit card and PayPal.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: