Can I choose click and collect after making/accepting an offer?

Hi everyone, 

I prefer to use click and collect but just wondering if I can select it on a 'make an offer' item or will eBay automatically default to home delivery if the seller accepts the offer?

I recently bought an item where the seller sent me an invoice with combined delivery and as soon as I paid it defaulted to home delivery with no obvious way to change it which was annoying.

Just wondering if this will be the same? Thanks 

Message 1 of 24
See Most Recent
23 REPLIES 23

If a seller does not show C&C as an option in the listing then it will automatically give them your home address, you will need to ask the seller to send to the C&C address but they are not obliged to do so as they will lose their seller protection if the do.

I am not an engager, I am a number.
Message 2 of 24
See Most Recent

Hi,

Thanks for replying. The seller does have click and collect listed as an option, but I'm just wondering if I can select it in conjunction with making an offer, or if it only works with buy it now.

Message 3 of 24
See Most Recent

Hello there

I always use Click and Collect and I had a similar issue, buying three items from the same Seller which all had Click and Collect as an option but once combined postage and invoiced it would only select my home address.  Luckily the Seller was very helpful and cancelled my order, made a custom listing for all three items as one eBay lot with Click and Collect enabled and Buy It Now enabled, so we did get round the issue but what nonsense!

Now I have the problem you raised in your follow up comment.  Previously when using Make Offer if the Buyer accepted then you could select Click and Collect as per the original listing.  But now eBay wants to confirm payment method, postage and you can only select home address when using Make Offer.  So that's more nonsense!  It's almost as if eBay wants to get rid of Click and Collect all together so they are making it as difficult as possible to use.  Crazy.

Message 4 of 24
See Most Recent

From Ebay service rep:

"Thank you for bringing this up. This is a new feature and we have already highlighted this to the top management that the click and collect option is not available with auto payment".

Not really a new feature, but they are aware. Hopefully will get fixed - very frustrating.

Message 5 of 24
See Most Recent

Really annoying .....still not fixed end of October.

so just to recap -

you see an item you like....lt offers 'click and collect' as a delivery option...there is a 'best offer' option too so you make an offer...then you realise winning means the delivery with default to your home address with no way to change it to click and collect....WHY can't you simply pick your preferred delivery method at the point of making an offer???.......you can pick the payment method and add a new address......crazy 

Message 6 of 24
See Most Recent

Had this problem with ebay make or accept offer = no click and collect.

So no purchased item.

Ebay is not what it was....

Message 7 of 24
See Most Recent

Please can any administrators reply to this topic as I have experienced the same issue today too. It is extremely frustrating & putting me off using Ebay ?

Message 8 of 24
See Most Recent

It's how ebay has set up this new payment on offer feature.   It's not a glitch that will be fixed. 

Message 9 of 24
See Most Recent

Hello
Well it  needs to be fixed as it prevents a buyer choosing the option they want for an item to be delivered to.
There's no reason why it has to be this way.
Can Ebay please comment on why this has been set up this way & if it's going to be fixed?

Message 10 of 24
See Most Recent

Can Ebay please comment on this & advise if this issue is going to be fixed ?

Message 11 of 24
See Most Recent

Bump_________

Message 12 of 24
See Most Recent

YES PLEASE FIX ASAP EBAY

I live on the border with Northern Ireland (Argos Store) and it is the ONLY FEASIBLE OPTION FOR BUYING FROM EBAY UK for me , other wise my item price doubles with having to use a 3rd party UK address set up from Ireland and with Brexit potential import charges on top (Ebay Ireland is completely useless and overpriced)

Please fix it to allow using a UK Argos Click and Collect in the Case of a Best Offer Purchase ASAP PLEASE PLEASE

thank you

Message 13 of 24
See Most Recent

As per my comments & other comments above.
Can Ebay please stop ignoring this issue & this thread & please give an urgent update? It's totally unreasonable that Buyers are being deprived of alternate delivery options that may be more convenient for them.
Ebay is about people buying not just selling, & Ebay need to listen to & respect peoples wishes/opinions.

Message 14 of 24
See Most Recent

Nobody from Ebay is likely to read this thread.

If you make an offer, you lose the ability to choose 'click and collect'.  As stated, this is not perceived by Ebay as a problem and there don't seem to be any plans to fix it.

You can communicate directly with the Ebay Community Team, who are Ebay staff, in this forum once a week

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Chat-with-the-eBay-Community/bd-p/WeeklyChatwiththeCommunityteam

Some members state that they get responses by contacting Ebay on X (Twitter).

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 15 of 24
See Most Recent

Does it also use your default (home) address with auctions?

In case it does, and as I won't be home for a week - auction ends just before I leave - I went into account settings and selected the temporary address as my default. Hope that prevents any problems.

Only thing is that I'll have to remember to change it back to 'home' after the auction ends.

Message 16 of 24
See Most Recent

With an auction you can select which address or Click and Collect when you win and make the payment. The default setting however is your primary (home) address so if you just click Pay Now and then Complete Payment it will go there if you haven't selected a different address or Click and Collect when going through checkout. Hope that helps.

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
Message 17 of 24
See Most Recent

@tearose789   If your seller has auto-payment enabled, and it is the default setting, once the order or offer is made you cannot:

Use click and collect

change your payment method from that registered

combine with other purchases

Use PayPal monthly payment features

This is a feature designed to stop an odd person not paying by inhibiting the majority from purchasing - the 'magical innovations' of eBay.

Your only option is to contact the seller before you make the purchase, or offer, and ask if he could untick the box for auto-payment in their account settings so you can purchase by your preferred means (he/she probably doesn't even know it is ticked).  If they won't or can't then you will have to purchase elsewhere.

Message 18 of 24
See Most Recent

Sorry for sounding a bit slow... so with an auction, I'll 'always' be able to change the delivery address after winning? 

Message 19 of 24
See Most Recent

Thanks for the reply. Appreciated.

You do mean when winning an auction, not just when a seller accepts an offer? Only ask as my I'm finding different answers to the the same question. 

Message 20 of 24
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: