Bidding?

Hello, can anyone tell me how this odd bidding can happen?  What I mean is how can you out bid yourself by such a big jump. Attached is a screenshot of what I mean. I've read eBay's guide on bidding and how it  rises in increments to your maximum. It says nothing about what's in the screenshot. How can you out bid yourself? Thanks for your help.Screenshot_20240506_191200_com.android.chrome.jpg

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bidding?

The bids do look confusing as they are not in time order due to the automatic bidding. It looks as if you and m**h(480) placed bids at almost exactly the same time. There seemed to be a flurry of bids in the last few seconds.

But the winner 8**7(647) did not bid against himself, his previously placed bid was pushed up first by you and then by m**h(480) who bid £30.89 in the last few seconds.  Even though you placed your bid after m**h(480).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Bidding?

The bids do look confusing as they are not in time order due to the automatic bidding. It looks as if you and m**h(480) placed bids at almost exactly the same time. There seemed to be a flurry of bids in the last few seconds.

But the winner 8**7(647) did not bid against himself, his previously placed bid was pushed up first by you and then by m**h(480) who bid £30.89 in the last few seconds.  Even though you placed your bid after m**h(480).

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Bidding?

Sorry for wasting your time. I just noticed it when I was looking over it again. Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: