Aquiline Delivery scam again!

This "company" has been discussed before here on EBay.  I had another purchase recently where the seller advised me after purchase that Aquiline was the "courier" being used and provided an untrackable tracking number.

The item was delivered by Amazon, in an Amazon delivery van, in Amazon packaging with a note inside stating "This is a gift from .....  (Ebay seller name). It was NOT a gift, I paid for it from the Ebay seller.  Tracking on EBay system now shows delivered.  So, it would appear, as discussed before, that Aquiline is definitely linked to Amazon.  The tracking number seller gave me is different to the number on the Amazon parcel.

Just as important too, is the seller is breaking Ebay rules by Drop Shipping direct from Amazon, a third party without ever having the goods in his possession.  I will be reporting this all to Ebay. But I doubt that they will do anything.  I have been an EBay member for 22 years, but will only be buying from sellers that I can trust in the future.

(Posting this again here on the advice on another member, having previously posted on a different group.)

Message 1 of 16
See Most Recent
15 REPLIES 15

@cossetter 

You should also report the details to Amazon as the seller is probably using a prime account to run his dropshipping business and avoid shipping charges.  Amazon have strict rules on this and if this is the case they will take the necessary action.

Message 2 of 16
See Most Recent

Dropshipping isnt actually banned by eBay 

Abusing his Prime membership can be reported to Amazon, but eBay won't take any action as dropshipping on eBay is permitted, providing the items are in stock when the item is sold on eBay 

Message 3 of 16
See Most Recent

@myriad*seller 

Dropshipping from a wholesale supplier is allowed.

But, to quote eBay's policy "However, listing an item on eBay and then purchasing the item from another retailer or marketplace that ships directly to your customer is not allowed on eBay."

In the example quoted by the OP then this latter example, which is not allowed, seems to be what happened.

Message 4 of 16
See Most Recent

I stand corrected

They must have updated the dropshipping rules as it used to be permitted provided the seller could guarantee stock of the item at time of sale 

Message 5 of 16
See Most Recent

I have been told many times by Ebay agents when I phone up about this (including an hour ago) that Drop Shipping from a third party  is against Ebay rules.  The main reason given is that sellers should have possession of the item they are selling, so they know condition, quality etc.    But, as you say in this case the seller orders it from Amazon after tge Ebay sale has happened which is definitely against EBay rules.

Message 6 of 16
See Most Recent

I have reported this practice to Amazon before.  They don't want to know, which is another reason why I avoid buying from them.  It's all about money!

Message 7 of 16
See Most Recent

It must be almost a year since I first posted about this fake company (based in Sharjah, UAE) and informed the CEO's office. They clearly show absolutely no interest in safeguarding their buyers if this scam is still going on. Aquiline are not part of Amazon, they appear to be a law unto themselves chartering out planes, but, in all probability, a bunch of fraudsters.

Message 8 of 16
See Most Recent

Sorry, but Amazon aren't remotely concerned about their sellers and let them get away with the most nefarious acts.

Message 9 of 16
See Most Recent

@iew-signed-books 

This isn't about an Amazon seller.  It concerns a buyer who possibly uses his prime account to operate a dropselling business to avoid shipping charges.  This constitutes a business activity which Amazon do not allow on a prime account.  The dropseller (if that is what they are) has tried to mask this by claiming the purchase was made as a gift.

@cossetter 

If you are that concerned you may have other options - was the seller you purchased from on eBay registered as a business seller or a private seller?  If a private seller did they accept returns?

Message 10 of 16
See Most Recent

Buyer or seller on Amazon, they do not care - as someone illustrated on here by the way they treat and pay their staff and the massive turnover in staff they have per annum. Wherever possible I refuse to buy from Amazon directly or any of their sellers (who always misdescribe the kind of items I am interested in anyway).

Message 11 of 16
See Most Recent

Registered as a private seller - been a member about 2 months.  All listings, pictures etc, seem a direct copy from Amazon.   Listings says returns are accepted, but when I needed to return a faulty item once before from another Ebay seller doing the same thing, I was told to return it to Amazon despite Ebay confirming to me that seller must provide a return label to his his registered Ebay address!!  He did not, so Ebay refunded me.  That seller remained active on EBay.

Message 12 of 16
See Most Recent

Just to update this thread.  I contacted Amazon and was passed on to several agents including a supervisor.  Finally after being on the phone almost an hour I was told somebody would phone me back, so far no response!

The Ebay agent I spoke to confirmed that drop shipping like this was against the rules, especially since the "gift note" was included in the package, but the seller is still active.

In regard to the tracking company Aquiline, this is definitely not a courier company.  It is all very underhand in my opinion.

Message 13 of 16
See Most Recent

https://aquiline-tracking.com/

Try calling them!

Message 14 of 16
See Most Recent

Tracking number given does not register on the Aquiline website.  Having spent a considerable amount of time on this already, I'm done!

Message 15 of 16
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing here. Identical story. I also have been a member of ebay for over 20 years. But like you, I really don't think ebay will do anything. At least we have received the goods we purchased though.

Message 16 of 16
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: