Why do the same reviews appear for different sellers of the same item

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Feedback and reviews are different, at least on eBay. 

Now let's take an example - 

If you are selling an iphone X and I am selling an iphone X too. Both are brand new. 

Now if any buyer searches for iPhone X, they will be able to see our listings and they will be able to check the "Reviews" of the iPhone. The reviews will be for the iPhone based on the experiences other buyer's had for buying the iPhone. It is only for the iPhone and not for the seller. This shows how well the phone is trending on eBay and if the buyers are satisfied with the product. As the reviews are for the product and not for the seller, it will appear for all sellers selling that product. So you are able to see same reviews as the product is same. 

Now, for the same example, If I sold the item and the item was damanged in transit, the buyer left a negative feedback then it is not a part of product review. The feedback is only for me wherein the buyer is sharing the experience they had with me, my transaction, my overall sales performance. 

On the other hand, you did well and you received a positive feedback. 

So feedbacks are for individual sellers and reviews is for the product in general irrespective of who are selling it,