Just purchased the wrong item by mistake tried to immediately cancel

I tried to immediately cancel order but it is not as simple as you all make it to be i have screen shot when I placed the order as well as every step I've taken to cancel it along with times I am not trying to get over I just want what I came for I have also contacted the seller and screen shot that as well to make sure I covered myself also my emails to make sure nothing has been shipped and also this message so the time can be seen thankyou so much

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

You're registered in the United States. This is the UK answer centre.

EBay's rules on cancelling a purchase may be different in the US, and the law on returns certainly is.

You need to click on Help & Contact at the top of most pages on ebay.com. In the search field, enter "cancelling". That will take you to the relevant advice in the US.

redwick1
Experienced Mentor

Posting on here is no use as a way of cancelling a purchase

This is a member to member thread so no sell or ebay staff on here

If you want to cancel then you have to do it the correct way

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/cancelling-order/cancel-order?id=4004

The seller does not have to cancel the sale unless they are a business in the UK

If you bought and paid then the seller posts

If you dont want the item and the seller has REturns accepted then you open a return request and return the item at your own expense for a refund

Buying and then wanting to cancel wrecks the sellers listings and will cost them money