Awaiting payment

Hi there, how long should I wait for a seller to respond after the payment went through my account? I made the mistake to buy something before checking the reviews from a UK seller. And some negative reviews say that the payment was pending for a few days and then cancelled the order...something fishy...What should I do? Should I ask for a refund? She/He accepted my offer quite quickly but she/he doesn't respond to any of my messages. Best! 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

In addition to the advice you have already been given in relation to your query, if the seller does indeed cancel the sale without your consent contact eBay Customer Services straightaway and inform them that you did not ask the seller to cancel the sale.  If you report the matter to eBay then the seller will earn a black mark on his or her account (also referred to as a defect in the context of selling on eBay) and eBay will more than likely start watching this seller's account more closely from that point.  A seller cannot afford to rack up too many defects in relation to any aspect of selling on eBay, as if he or she does end up with too many defects there is always the chance that eBay may hit the seller with a suspension relating to selling on the site, whether it's temporary or permanent.

Check the estimated delivery date on the listing and when that has passed select "I haven't received it yet" on here:

https://resolutioncentre.ebay.co.uk/

and escalate after 3 business days to get a refund.