Reporting a suspected hacked account - another user... not me!

I recieved an email this afternoon purporting to be from an ebay user, offering to purchase the item I had for sale immediately.

I was immediately alerted to the fact that no message appeared in my Message Centre so became instantly suspicious.

I'm selling a Dell server which is quite hefty and have set it for collection only.  The "user" approached me asking if they "bought now", would I send it by Royal Mail Next Day delivery pre 1pm arrival.  Again... suspiciously suspicious!... 

Furthermore, when clicking on the link to their user name, (which I will not reveal here), it took me to an account that was "based in Germany".  Like Royal Mail will do a next day guaranteed pre 1pm delivery to Germany...  They would struggle to deliver a letter from me to my neighbour inside a week!...

Even better... they had attempted to use the "blue star" icon from ANOTHER user account who hasnt been active on ebay for over a year!

Looking through the items for sale from the "Germany based" user, it is all pairs of Nike trainers... not really Dell server material is it?

The real reason for my post?  There doesn't appear to be anywhere immediately apparent to report things like this to eBay.  My concern is that the attempted, and a very very poor attempt at that, scammer has access to the link for my sale and has been able to deduce my email address directly.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Put them on your Blocked Bidder List.  Enter Buyer Management into Help and Contact. 

Ask a question