How to report Seller who is claiming items stolen by shipper & telling eBay that the Buyer cancelled

So, is there a process where you can report a Seller you suspect of fraudulent behaviour?  I'll start by saying my money was refunded by a company in China, but Seller listed something for sale from location in Liverpool (although eBay business registered in Philippines as it turns out).  It seems they are providing false Royal Mail tracking numbers that don't work at the Royal Mail's tracking service online, then after the delivery date is past, writing to Buyers and saying that the package was "stolen" by the Royal Mail.  In further correspondence, Seller complains that it's difficult to order items right now (from China)... but my point is that they shouldn't be Selling stock that they don't have in hand and isn't available.  When the refund came through, it indicates that the Buyer had requested the Cancellation.  I hadn't.  Doesn't that mean they don't pay a fee for the auction?  They have rec'd 400+ negative feedback in the past 12 months for much the same... many Buyers being told their items were "stolen" by the Royal Mail.  I've reported it to the Royal Mail, but once my money is returned, I can't find anywhere at eBay where I can just report the Seller for recurring behaviour that sure looks fraudulent from where I'm sitting.  

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

When seller claims that buyer has asked to cancel, I thought there was a link to say that you hadn't. As you say they are getting refunds of Fees to which they are not entitled and should be reported to ebay.

Ebay fiddles around with all sorts of trivial non important things and loses large sums of fees without doing anything about it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

You can report a seller by going to Help and Contact at top of page and type "Contact ebay" into the search box. 

You will get the option of Live chat, or Call Me Back.

Don't expect them to actually do anything, but you will know you've done your best.

Ask a question