Hacked accounts

I have been looking to buy a car on ebay and have come accross a number of what appear to be hacked (scammed accounts), reasons why I believe them to be hacked are there are no details of car and in photo's contact to be made via email outside ebay,the price is way bellow book average ,I have message a few through ebay and the listing dissapears but have received a email to my personnel email account outside ebay .

If this is the case then ebay need to tighten security on accessing personnel email accounts ,I also noticed that the accounts that are being hacked are accounts with no feedback for items sold only bought and usually not had feedback in over a month.

This is making me reluctant to puchase a car through ebay as due to current restrictions payment must be made without viewing and most are offering free delivery with money back guarentee if not happy with car on arrival ,but when you intend to spend £15,000 on a car you want to see/test car before payment is made which is falling in to the hands of scammers and not good for unsuspecting buyers.

Another issue is these hacked accounts will be getting billed for the listing, I have just messaged 1 today and has 10 listings for cars each with a different email address in photo's but all on the same hacked ebay account EBAY YOU NEED TO INVESTIGATE THIS ISSUE. 

Any thoughts from the community.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

As soon as ebay remove scam listing, more appear.

There is NO ebay protection for vehicles or delivery service.

YOU go in person, inspect car & pay in cash if happy.

Ask a question