scumbags

Some piece of scum has stolen the christmas lights from a childrens hospice. Can it get any lower than that?

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 1 of 14
See Most Recent
13 REPLIES 13

scumbags

Yes, they could have stolen the plug that goes into the socket - that's on the floor!Smiley TongueSmiley Very Happy.  Sorry, but you walked straight into that!

Message 2 of 14
See Most Recent

scumbags

Just dreadful ....
Message 3 of 14
See Most Recent

scumbags

Nope - can't get much lower than that - disgusting.   I hope they feel bad about it after, but I doubt they will.

I guess you mean this? Stolen from Julia's House Hospice in Poole.  Or has it happened somewhere else as well?.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-30437017

Good to see that others have donated some replacements.

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 4 of 14
See Most Recent

scumbags

Pity they didn't get a nasty shock when they cut the extension lead. Smiley Mad

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/11657445.CCTV__Donations_flood_in_after_Christmas_lights_stole...

Message 5 of 14
See Most Recent

scumbags

Unreserved apologies from Fred.  

When I read about what you said about the lights being swiped from a children's hospice I was just skimming through at speed, and assumed some light-fingered dummy had taken the fairy lights from a Christmas tree outside one of the wards and took it at face value because I had nothing more to go on - I was the first to reply.  That's why I made the quip about the plug, which would have been even lower than the tree.  Now I have read the full story, obviously it's a very different matter.  I therefore apologise unreservedly if I have caused you additional distress, but as a one sentance statement I didn't look further into it.  I stand very much corrected.

Message 6 of 14
See Most Recent

scumbags

Suzie, yes Julias House is the one. The lights were originally donated in memory of a little girl who died.I hope these pieces of dirt need a hospice themselves one day, and maybe then they will think back to what they did.

frederick, no offence taken.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 7 of 14
See Most Recent

scumbags

Yes mjc - what they did was very callous. I see that the police are taking it seriously and asking for any witnesses of the vehicle that the thieves were in. I hope they get them and ruin their Christmas.

At least there is a silver lining - an electrical firm has stepped in and sorted out the wiring and junction box, and apparently B&Q have sent some big boxes so perhaps they will have a lovely light display. Plus there have been lots of donations so thanks to the response to the actions of those scumbags those poor kids might have an even better Christmas.

Nice that you apologised Frederick, I did think that your post was in poor taste at the time and didn't sit well with your Christian beliefs.

Message 8 of 14
See Most Recent

scumbags

Yes, Suzie, it was in poor taste, but I've already explained the reason for my flippant remark, and thankfully the original o/p was big enough to accept it as so.  That's why I put my hand up immediately.

Doesn't sit well with my Christian beliefs?  Do you think every Christian goes round with their hands clenched together, as solomn as a monk, sober as a judge?  If somebody sends me a Christmas card through the post with a picture of Santa instead of a religious card I'll still put it up.  I laugh at joke Christmas cards, one of them depicting Joseph charging out of the stable screaming: "it's a girl, it's a girl"  My late father passed away four days before Christmas, but I still put up a tree and enjoy a turkey stuff myself full of food over the season, none of which are particular religious attributes.

Message 9 of 14
See Most Recent

scumbags

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.jpg

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 10 of 14
See Most Recent

scumbags

Talking of scumbags, a few days ago, one stole my friend`s 92 year old mother`s wheelchair.

Photobucket
Message 11 of 14
See Most Recent

scumbags

Jeez. When I hear of things like this is when I really do hope there is a god and one day these people will face their judgement day. I do believe that what goes around comes around and they'll get theirs one day. Hope it's soon and hurts them hard.

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 12 of 14
See Most Recent

scumbags

I often despair at just how low some people can get but to steal from children in an hospice is an altogether lower level. I see from an attached link that theives had also stolen computers and other stuff from another childrens hospice. I sincerely hope that the scumbags get caught and receive appropriate sentences... things like this really sicken me especially as we support our local childrens hospice with an annual donation of 10% of our profits

Its nice to hear that people and companies have rallied round to replace the lights and that the children will be able to enjoy them.

Message 13 of 14
See Most Recent

scumbags

In this climate of doom and gloom where we witness the most idiotic behaviour by petty criminals isn't it great to see Eric Morecambe reunited with his plinth? Yes he was brutally cut down having his leg severed just above the ankle by some bored delinquent. Fortunately for Eric help was forthcoming and his leg and foot have been reunited, once more he stands proudly boasting his trademark pose for visitors and residents to spy and doubtless chuckle.
It seems that wherever one goes these days there is at least one village idiot or resident delinquent for whom the only fun in life is cowardly behaviour designed to shock or intimidate.
Roosters the lot of em.
Message 14 of 14
See Most Recent