Best posters
They've taken umbrage every one.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Where have all the posters gone?

Hi CD, it's true. It's this ridiculous not fit for purpose forum format that does my head in.  A backward step by Khoros,  with previous simple but useful functions lost and clearly ebay doesn't care; it takes the moderators weeks to reply to a simple question and then nothing is done anyway.  

As you noticed elsewhere people are dragging up threads from many years ago, no doubt because of the wasted space (an entire 'page' on my mobile) used to recommend so called 'related threads 🙄 which are a random collection of unrelated and irrelevant threads.

The Round table used to be a discussion board and there was information as to what various sections like ebay cafe were for. Who knows if that information exists now, everything is such an effort to find, but this new format is clearly difficult for many to navigate. The Round Table is now half stuffed with comments from community newcomers to do with the business side of ebay- buying, selling, postage, payment etc.  It appears that it is difficult for new members to find their way around and to reach the right people. 

Nowhere have I seen a single positive comment about the changes ebay have made which they claim are an improvement 🤣🤬 , not a single one in the 3 or is it more months since they messed up the community forum.  Ebay/Khoros have killed the discussion boards ☠.

I have to admire you CD for continuing your efforts. Sometimes I have thought I would reply to something but then get irritated by this dreadful format. I should try now and again, Im sorry to see you battling away when many of us have thrown in the towel . 

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Hi Suzie, I've tried to provoke some interest but like you say, this format isn't easy or convenient to navigate. All the wasted White space you mention is a stupid idea and the whole thing is something dreamed up by people who've no idea of things people want or need.

It's been done by people with too much time on their hands who like to be continually fiddling which is why they've made things more awkward to use needing two or three clicks where one used to be the norm.

I see people walking around, not looking where they're going, eyes glued to a smart phone and fingers twiddling and they always remind me of those fiddling with the ebay systems!

Live long and prosper.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

..... and is it just me or are others finding themselves signed out of here every few days?

I ticked all the right places to stay signed in each time I do but it's not working.  I never had this problem before Khoros messed with the format.

It isn't always immediately obvious, for example if you go to reply to something. I just wrote a long reply to cd on the wildlife verges thread only to post it when I found out I wasn't signed in again so I lost it.  Life is too **bleep** short. I'm not signed out of ebay for making them money, only the community.

For heavens sake ebay why can't you sort out all the problems with this community shambles?  Do moderators ever read this comments? They say they want to be more involved.  Really?

And while I'm here does anyone know how to stop ebay sending junk mail after you have only looked at something. I keep getting stupid mails asking if I was still interested in what I had looked at. Aaargggghhhh. If I was I would have **bleep** bought it, or might be thinking about it but I don't want ebay constantly posting junk in my mail box.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Not allowed word that rhymes / ends with rigging!    For goodness sake it is not an offensive word only used to express annoyance with something.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Hi Suzie, yes, they sign you out every now and again but always check if a thread is showing "Most recent by ********* and the date." If it shows either a time or "so many minutes ago" you've been signed out. Also, look at the very top of the page, if a silhouette's showing, you've been signed out.

Do they ever look at what's posted? They might but very, very rarely act on what's said. I think you can get around the auto bleep thing by leaving a space:- fri ging.  We'll see if that works?

Live long and prosper.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent