What makes you happy?

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a lot of doom and gloom in this world and there is enough talk about that on here, but.....

what makes you happy at this moment in time, what makes you feel good?

This can be people, hobbies, work, looking at a sunset, it doesn't matter, as long as when you think about it it makes you feel good. It doesn't have to be anything big. It's often the little things that count. Expand on it a little.

For me there are several things:

I'm fixing up a Dolls house and creating tiny things for it. I have always loved miniatures since I was small and I'm fascinated by all the stuff people can make on such a small scale. There are some fantastic artist out there making amazing things.

I'm finally renovating my garden as it had become messy and tired over the years (a bit like myself), so buying new plants, digging out old ones, redesigning the borders a bit, etc...At last getting some special roses with lots of fragrance. Roses are my favourite flowers. The variety is just immense. It's fun to select all new plants. I'm not a great gardener, but I'm sure I can create a little heaven to sit in.

I'm rereading some of my old fantasy books. At the moment Terry Brooks. I love reading and it gives me a lot of pleasure, but especially fantasy as it takes me into a different world.

I made a start with painting an oil painting of a fantasy bird for my eldest daughter. Something bold and colourful, but full of details to reflect her personality. It also makes me feel good to see her more happy again and making new plans for her future after losing her baby girl 3 years ago.

I love seeing how my youngest has grown in confidence and skills working for Warner Brothers in London as an apprentice. It is amazing to see her spreading her wings and flying at a speed that I didn't think she had in her.

And I do like to watch the sun set. I live in a built up area, but I'm on a T-junction and can see down the whole street in front of my house and in the evening I often sit at my dining table to watch all the colours changing in the sky. I might not have a view over glowing hills, but the bit I can see is beautiful.

So what about you lot..........................

Message 1 of 42
See Most Recent
41 REPLIES 41

What makes you happy?

Fantastic isn't it Harry,. I can do some but this guy's work is sooooo good.  

What stops me, can't afford his fees, and sadly home circumstances doesn't allow. Xxx

I do have the equipment and you tube is great for tutorials so i shall keep practising at home. Xxxxx

such anger,prejudice and hypocrisy on a simple forum supposed to be free for all. I wish you all you all wish for xx good bye

What makes you happy?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well you know what they say..."practice makes perfect."

He didn't get where he is now without it. Smiley Happy

Message 42 of 42
See Most Recent