Telephone scam.

I've had two calls recently, (last one today) where an "automated" sounding recorded message tells me that my "card has been charged £458 for your flight from Manchester to New York and to speak to your flight supervisor, press  1".

Yeah, right, get lost.

Anyone else had one like that? The calling number shows up as twelve numbers that are probably a fake number 919906383904.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Telephone scam.

No one else has reported this, but it's a nightmare,  that's true.

If it's not an online scam,  then they try and get you through phone calls.

Did you answer the call and received the automated message?  This is one of the main reasons we have our answer machine on 24/7 .  There are a surprising number of calls,  who just hang up after calling when they realise they haven't contacted a human, just an answering machine.  We have several a day calling and clicking off,  immediately the answer machine answers.

Unfortunately,  out of the hundrds / thousands of these automated scam messages sent, probably hourly,  someone will click on those all important DO NOT CLICK HERE , and they do, and that's when the scammer is a winner ,  gaining information to all sorts of accounts, the most important,  the email account.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Telephone scam.

Yes, I answered the call and listened to the recorded message. As I ring off to such calls I usually make a two word comment 😁 as I hang up even though no-one can hear it on the other end.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Telephone scam.

I Normally Get 3-4 A Week,Washing Machine Insurance, Roof Lagging,Amazon Card Been Used BankCard Update BT And Virgins Update

If I Got Time I Keep Em Chatting About Anything Or Say Council Or Even Ask If I Can Pass Them Over To My Carer

Petal
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent