PETS WARNING

WARNING FOR ALL PET OWNERS With the snow and ice expected the roads are likely to be gritted. If your pet walks on gritted roads or paths then please make sure their paws are washed by dipping their feet in fresh warm water once at home. Every year hundreds of pets throughout the country become seriously ill and in some cases die because of the rock salt and antifreeze being used during the cold snap. Dogs and cats walk through the substances left by gritters trying to clear roads and car drivers defrosting their windscreens which they then lick off their paws and ingest. Consuming rock salt can cause dehydration, liver failure and pancreatitis while antifreeze contains the chemical ethylene glycol which can cause kidney failure and death when consumed. Please be vigilant and treat your pets to a foot bath after being outside....

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

PETS WARNING

Great post John  🙂

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

PETS WARNING

Well I did it
Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

PETS WARNING

Read this:-

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8338474/dog-owners-warned-paws-burned-off-walk-ice-grass/

I think the "skin" froze to the ground?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

PETS WARNING

That looks nasty.😮

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

PETS WARNING

Yes, poor dog. I've never seen that on a dog before so perhaps it stood on something made of metal which was frozen really, really cold? If things are frozen hard, you can "stick" to things if you touch them?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent