I was wondering....

I was wondering what Russia would do if a meteor like the one that fell near Chelyabinsk struck somewhere in Russian territory?

1/Would they accept it for what it was

2/Mistake it for a missile

3/Say it was a missile and use it as an excuse to target goodness knows where?

What's your take on that scenario?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 17
See Most Recent
16 REPLIES 16

I was wondering....

With the technology of today, it should be easy to prove that it was indeed a meteor and that it came from space.  Hopefully it would land on Putin's head...

Message 2 of 17
See Most Recent

I was wondering....

Proving it and properly identifying it is very well but...... that wasn't the questions?????

Live long and prosper.

Message 3 of 17
See Most Recent

I was wondering....

Oh, ...don't know the answer to your questions... just giving my take on the matter...

Message 4 of 17
See Most Recent

I was wondering....

Everyone else in the World would know it was a Meteor @cee-dee .

Message 5 of 17
See Most Recent

I was wondering....

Yes, I'm sure the would but what do you think "the Russians" would say it was? 

They've used some far-fetched excuses to invade Ukraine so given the tensions around the whole of Russia, do people think the Russians would use a meteor strike as an excuse for.... launching missiles at whoever they claimed had "launched one" at them?

Live long and prosper.

Message 6 of 17
See Most Recent

I was wondering....

The Russians are fully aware that Wests surveillance systems Hi Cee - Dee would have notified NORAD, which is located deep inside Cheyenne mountain that a meteor had struck Russian territory.  To use this as an excuse to strike the countries in NATO with a nuclear first strike would be MAD ( Mutually assured Destruction). Putin is not the worlds greatest strategist,  but even he would not gamble with the domesday scenario.

Message 7 of 17
See Most Recent

I was wondering....

Putin may be nuts but so are some of his commanders who might have access to the "nuclear button".

We've all seen (haven't we?) some of their claims that some of the Russian missile strikes were the Ukrainians work not them....... sooooo, if a meteor headed in to Russia roughly "from the direction" of the USA or the UK, the Russians might retalliate with a missile or two (not necesarily nuclear)?????

Live long and prosper.

Message 8 of 17
See Most Recent

I was wondering....

Warm Dragon Greetings,

The crater would have to be checked first because there could be a wizard inside.

Chuff

Message 9 of 17
See Most Recent

I was wondering....

@cee-dee wrote:

Putin may be nuts but so are some of his commanders who might have access to the "nuclear button".

We've all seen (haven't we?) some of their claims that some of the Russian missile strikes were the Ukrainians work not them....... sooooo, if a meteor headed in to Russia roughly "from the direction" of the USA or the UK, the Russians might retalliate with a missile or two (not necesarily nuclear)?????

Please provide your medical qualifications that can back up your claim that Putin and his commanders are "Nuts".

If the missle strikes you say that Russia claimes are done by Ukraine, are the ones on the (ZNPP), I take it in your eyes it makes absolute sense that an area under Russian control and with Russians there would be attacked by Russians.

Ukraine broke the 2015 Minsk Accords which it's signed upto, and after extensive dialogue with Ukraine which yielded no results,Russia had no option but to carry out the Special Military Operation.

Why not familiarise yourself with the Amnesty International reports which detail what the Ukrainian Azov Regiment and Dombas Battalion have been doing since 2014.

Of course you're going to deflect once again with your standard resort of "That wasn't the question asked".

Message 10 of 17
See Most Recent

I was wondering....

it`s a shame a meteor doesn`t land on a few heads, too many children running some countries nowadays, Russia, North Korea, China .......

Message 11 of 17
See Most Recent

I was wondering....

@*knight-rider* wrote:

it`s a shame a meteor doesn`t land on a few heads, too many children running some countries nowadays, Russia, North Korea, China .......

As opposed to the mature experienced adults running Canada, New Zealand, Finland, etc, you mean.

Message 12 of 17
See Most Recent

I was wondering....

hey, just add them to my list, glad to see i`m not the only one!

Message 13 of 17
See Most Recent

I was wondering....

That said, i dont see Canada, New Zealand, Finland launching missiles at people either in war or to intimidate them 🙂

Message 14 of 17
See Most Recent

I was wondering....

Knight Rider, is Ukraine not also using missles (which WE partly funded).

Way-way back in April Russia and Ukraine reached a peace deal. Until our beloved ex PM flew over to Kyiv and put the mockers on it...

Message 15 of 17
See Most Recent

I was wondering....

`Knight Rider, is Ukraine not also using missles (which WE partly funded).`

Last time i checked, Ukraine was defending itself from a Russian invasion, bit different from North Korea playing with missiles like a ten year old and China launching across Taiwan to intimidate them.

Message 16 of 17
See Most Recent

I was wondering....

Glad I never knew about this 'community' until now. Just the same useless posts here as everywhere else. Who moderates this thing? 

I thought this was supposed to be eBay question based and not another dump of irrelevant opinions and brain farts nobody asked for.

What a waste of time.

I'll see myself out, thanks.

Message 17 of 17
See Most Recent