Hotmail account problems

Hi all.  I have a problem. My Hotmail account appears to have died. The thing is, it's so long since I set up this account that I've forgotten how I set it all up. Basically I'm asking tha a clever bloke or lady (no sex discrimination here.) to run me through the rules on how to set it all up, starting from scratch. Can anybody do that?

Cheers,

Stevie

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

Hotmail account problems

Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

Hotmail account problems

Hi Steve,it's called Outlook now.

https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?lic=1

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

Hotmail account problems

Thanks Cee Dee and Clifford.

I'll give that "Create an account." page a go and see what happens. All I need to do than is figure a way of altering my eBay password details to adjust to the new "Outlook" settings .............. (Help!!!)

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

Hotmail account problems

OK, Here's the snag. I filled the form in as asked and then I got a message saying that a coded message had been sent to my Hotmail account rhat I needed to complete in order to end the new account details. End of story. What can I try next?

Cheers,

Stevie

Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

Hotmail account problems

Are you using a Mac because if you are, Apple no longer support Outlook.

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

Hotmail account problems

No. This is not on a Mac. This is on a bog standard HP with Windows 7 as an OP.

The full story is that I changed over to a Mac one  house system but kept Windows units running on the rest of them. For some reason or another, I lost the password on the Mac Hotmai account and there was a lot of swapping and changing about to try to organise myself involving phone calls, texts, coded replies etc but these only lasted one day. That is why I want to begin again with a new start. Surely it must be possible.

Thanks for trying, guys.

Chers,

Stevie.

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

Hotmail account problems

I've had a hotmail account for years, so haven't had to create one recently, but if you go to:

www.hotmail.co.uk (which is a login page)

about 2/3 down on the right it says "Don't have a Microsoft Account? Sign up now"

and the "sign up now" is a link to "create an account".

(But if you need to know how to set up emails to be physically stored on your PC - pass - mine is just on the internet, out there somewhere)

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

Hotmail account problems

Just start a new account..Dont say anything about the old one.. goodluck..
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

Hotmail account problems

hey i can help with this issues hotmail now saying on there rules become hotmail you neeed facebook account so there do with when i facebook account or there not making enough money cuss down this  there keep people form login there account so there can build other ways keep you blocked on hotmail forever so i make this ideal best go for something gmail only my mark  i am one off the isssues when i try get in or  out once out i can't get back in  so best sign something like gmail best sites revice message or emails form other people thanks sir 

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

Hotmail account problems

This thread is over eight years old, the OP is no longer with us so I don't think you can help in any way!!

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

Hotmail account problems

hotmail lol,makes me feel so very old 😋

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent