Happy Easter

Wherever you're in lockdown 🐏 🐔
Great weather eh? Looks like we had all our April showers with the March winds

What are you lot doing?
Astro and marge gimme some of them chocs you are hiding 😜
All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Happy Easter

The lockdown doesnt affect me that much as I rarely go out anyway.

My shopping and meds are delivered, and I have enough food for me and the cat to last months, and that is without panic buying.

I have plenty to keep me busy, researching family history, writing websites, loads of books to read, also doing a bit of decorating

My only difficulty seems to be obtaining family history certificates, as the GRO seems to have shut up shop, but I can live with that.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Happy Easter

Have a good one susie, I will be self isolating as per usual, not that it is difficult out here in the sticks! Might goon the rampage with my pressure washer if the weather holds and before we get a hosepipe ban😂😂😂
Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Happy Easter

There always seems to be lots to do whatever the situation!

I have been digging my allotment (grassed over after the wet winter) and ready to plant but with garden centres and hardware/garden shops closed it's hard to get plants and seeds. Online sales are through the roof and most out of stock
I forgot I had left loads of seed packets in the shed and the mice have munched the lot duh! (packets too - in tiny pieces - mice, or rats 😯 more efficient than a shredder!)

Second home covidiots sneaking down here during the night so they are still ignoring lockdown rules. Even if caught, an on-the-spot fine of only £30 is hardly going to put people off with their £300-600+ K holiday homes is it?! Expecting Corona cases to be officially reported here before long ☹️
Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Happy Easter

Goon the rampage Archie?? What have I missed all my life?!!
Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

Happy Easter

Happy Easter 🐣 .

Sorry Susie, no chocolate here, I don't like it.😱😁

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Happy Easter

Suzie.....it's not chocolate..Honest! It's Wine Gums...and I am tucking in as I type this!  I have bit of an addiction to Wine Gums. Every time one of my girls drops off some provisions for me, there's always a bag or two of Wine Gums! I can't tell you how many bags I have...the cops would be knocking my door as they are 'not essential'!  It is a beautiful day...and I don't mind being here in my garden. It's my little bit of Heaven on Earth. Never was I more grateful for my garden. What are you up to Suzie..anything interesting..or naughty..or decadent? 😀😀 Here...I'm lobbing you a packet of Wine Gums..sorry it's not chocolate!

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Happy Easter

Hi Astro,  thanks for the wine gums, chocolate would melt anyway in this lovely weather although I may have to brave the shops to get this essential food!

The wholefood shop sells dark choc covered candied gooseberries - I like them, and they even taste as though they are full of Vit C!

The thing I miss this Easter with the lockdown is I suppose I can't justify driving 22 miles to Aldi to get some of their choc and salted caramel (or rhubarb and custard) Hot X buns cry   I haven't tried the salted caramel ones yet and they keep advertising them on the TV! 

I have a bit of a thing for salted caramel at the mo and in its absence have to make do with Cadburys or Galaxy unsalted caramel (soft caramel - teeth!).

Not of course that my world revolves around chiocolate! but a little treat is nice in these crazy times.

What am I doing? Well, I have no garden sadly but I kept on an allotment that I shared with a friend until he died last November. So, as mentioned above, I have been digging a lot and hoping I will be able to get veg to plant other than the onions and potatoes I bought before the lockdown. I'm waiting until 4pm today as it's pretty hot for vigorous gardening.

Anything interesting, naughty or decadent?  Hmmmm.....not really I'm sad to say. I must finally be acting my age? ......although it may be just lack of opportunity!  Unless you count a reasonable supply of G&T and a bottle of wine and Prosecco for Easter champagne  Some might say that's decadent I suppose but not I!  Everything in moderation of course!

I spent the last year or so looking after my terminally ill friend and so didn't get away to old haunts in Wales or around other bits of the UK in my camper van. I was looking forward to that this May (my favourite month) now that I have the time, but sadly it's not to be.  Maybe we will be able to travel later in the year if the virus doesn't get us. 

I'm never short of things to do but I did see something online recently about helping to digitise rainfall data between the 1820s and 1950s for use by climate scientists.  Having entered a lot of data during my career I am pretty accurate so will look again tonight to see if volunteers are still needed for the Rescue Rainfall Project.

Enjoy your garden Astro and watch your teeth on those wine gums, suck don't chew!!

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent