Coffee

I thought the eBay Cafe would be a good place to ask. Why can I not find any coffee whitener? I have looked in all the usual places; Aldi, Asda, Lidl, Sainsburys, M&S, Home Bargain, B&M, Morrisons, Iceland, Farm Foods etc.. Nestle have reduced the size of their containers (to allow price to stay the same ((Yeah, whatever)) while giving you 50g less). Well, they can keep their coffee mate. What used to be around £2 for a medium tub, I have just seen at £4.85 for 550g in Iceland. I used to get "Own" brands from the supermarkets, but even that went up to £2.40. Looks like I`m having my coffee black, from now on.

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Coffee

Offers in supermarkets are your best bet ,items on various online sites are priced with P+P added which is o.k if you live in a rural place.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Coffee

My problem is, that the supermarkets, at least local to me on the Wirral, do not have any. The shelves are empty, showing "Sorry, this product is out of stock". If you Google Sainsburys, coffee whitener, even those results are "Out of stock". I`m sure it will sort itself out eventually.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Coffee

Hi! There's is an issue with Nestlé packaging changes that have caused the recent shortages with Coffeemate.

'Why is there a Coffee Mate shortage?

The Coffee Mate shortage has been caused by the decision to change the product's packaging. This has led to some minor production issues that have resulted in the product's absence from supermarket shelves.

Nestlé - the company that manufacturers Coffee Mate - made the decision to change the packaging in a bid to make the product more eco-friendly. But this has meant that the creamer - which is used by some as an alternative to milk... has been in short supply for some months now'.

From; 

https://www.goodto.com/food/food-news/coffee-mate-shortage

Maybe trying Nestlé directly may help figure out where they have stock.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Coffee

Thanks for that. Problem is, where have all the other brands gone? Asda, Sainsburys and some others, used to have their own ( cheaper ) coffee whitener. I prefer those to Coffee Mate, as Coffee Mate leaves a film on the top of your coffee and it is too expensive. I`m just drinking coffee black again now.20230729_160122[2).jpg

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Coffee

It may be a simple case that people are buying the alternatives because the Nestlé option is no longer good for them, and therefore stock is low.

Or the items may have been discontinued.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Coffee

Thanks for advice!

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent