Should I be worried?

Ten days ago I sold a large/ collection only item on auction for nearly 1k - there was a lot of interest and bidding involved. The buyer paid straightaway via Paypal (with seller protection) and afterwards told me he doesn't live far but he didn't have his van and would let me know when he'd pick it up. A couple of days later he apologised and said he was only able to get hold of the van the following week. I asked him to confirm that he'd pick it up on Saturday (the week after) as I need to free the space, to which he took 3 days to reply. Now he's just replied and he says he works on Saturdays but maybe he can do the evening. I find it strange that someone would pay a fair amount for an item and not seem to fussed about picking it up. Should I be worried at all or does this sound normal?  Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Be careful, there are a lot of scams on collection items being paid for via pay pal.  What happens is, the buyer collects the item then makes a chargeback on the payment,  In order for you to win, you have to provide proof of delivery but you won't be able to do that as they would have collected in person.  Not only will you lose the money but your item too!

ALWAYS ask for cash on collection then tick the paid icon once they have collected.

In this instance I would refund their payment and then tell them to bring the cash when they come to collect.  ( If they have it, they can transfer to their bank account, and draw it out to bring with them).  I would be wary of any other excuse why they wouldn't pay cash.

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

exactly what seller protection do you believe you have?

If they do collect make sure they give you the special eBay code so that you can prove collection.

At worst you can cancel citing problem with buyers address but you won't get your PayPal fees back.