Help! Buyer can’t pay with PayPal.

Hi all. 🙂 New seller here. 

So I sold some soap bars on auction, however the buyer told me that when they tried to pay, they could only select the PayPal option, however they say they are unable to pay with PayPal because their bank details have changed and cannot access their account.

I then tried going into account settings and tried tweaking a few things to see if that would work. I looked everywhere but I could not find an option about accepting multiple methods of payment other than PayPal. I also made sure to link my eBay account to my PayPal account so I could receive payments.

I also tried looking for an option to change the payment options for the listing but I was unable to do this.

I then sent the seller an invoice asking them to try again. However they were still only able to select the PayPal option. They said that they normally pay using PayPal but couldn’t on this occasion because their bank details have changed and said that they want to pay by Visa debit instead.

I have checked the listing and under payment it shows an icon for various different card companies such as MasterCard, Visa, American Express etc.

So I said I am unsure what to do and would ask the eBay community for help and get back to them later. 

Any help?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

you can't accept visa payments directly, they have to pay through paypal

they need to sort it their end, there is nothing you can do.

Answers (0)