Cancel the order or not?

I sold an item today at auction for a fairly large fee. All I’ll say is it’s well over £100. Anyways, I’m feeling a bit suspicious about the buyer.

First he sent me a message asking for the cost of 24 hour postage so that he can receive the item for a specific date (of course he hasn’t paid yet).

Also in the message, he asks me to send to an address different from the one attached to his profile. I have screenshotted pictures of his eBay address and asked him to confirm the address (which I then took a pic of too). I have also sent a message saying I will not send the package unless his PayPal address matches the shipping address.

Finally, I go through his feedback (buyer feedback only as there is no seller feedback) and whilst it is all positive, I noticed that some of the feedback remarks are exactly the same from different sellers. What I mean is, the feedback is word for word/caps/punctuation exactly identical from a few different sellers he’s dealt with. 

im seriously thinking of cancelling cause this looks shady to me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

redwick1
Experienced Mentor

If you cancel without the buyers agreement then you will be left with the fees and a defect on your account

If he does not pay then open a non payment dispute

If you have a non payer you open a non payment dispute at the bottom of the page under Resolution Centre.

You can open one after 2 days and close after another 4 days.

You get your final value fees back the non payer gets a strike and neither of you can leave feedback.

If you dont do this then ebay do not know you did not get paid and you have to pay the fees.

You have 32 days to open a dispute

If he does pay the you should send it as long as you send to the address on paypal and make sure it is with the proper postage.

That it is much more than the £100

Actually the buyer is correct to ask for Next day delivery

For an item of that value you have to send it that way with the appropriate compensation not for their benefit  but for your own

If it gets lost or damaged then you would not get all your money back