Linkword

This game is relatively straightforward in that you just have to find one word that links two words.  The first word given as a clue ends with the linkword and the second word given as a clue starts with the linkword.  So, for example, we could have the following:

Pin**** and ****teaser.  In this example the missing word would be Prick - ie: Pinprick and Prickteaser.

I'll give you another one to start the thread off - if you feel like having a go see if you can work out the answer and then submit your own two words following the same format as described above once you have answered the post.  So, to start off with, we have:

Fire**** and ****reading

Message 1 of 97
See Most Recent
96 REPLIES 96

Linkword

Life?

Fox*****  and  *****box

Message 81 of 97
See Most Recent

Linkword

Yep taylor it was  "Life"  -  you rightly hesitated over the impermissible hyphen which might be called for, ie "high-life".

Glove

Wind****  and ****eye

Message 82 of 97
See Most Recent

Linkword

Unfortunately the expletive filter blanked out the correct answer, so in order to bypass the filter, were the answers Windcock and Cockeye?

Head**** and ****fish

Message 83 of 97
See Most Recent

Linkword

Blow?

Pit**** and ****Dog

Message 84 of 97
See Most Recent

Linkword

@pickles-60 wrote:

Blow?

Pit**** and ****Dog

Actually, it was "Stock" - ie:  Headstock, as seen on a guitar, and Stockfish, a type of hake.  Good attempt though - it's always worth having a try, even if you're not sure that it's right.  Smiley Very Happy

Bull

Fore**** and ****rate

Message 85 of 97
See Most Recent

Linkword

I thought as there were 4 asterisks, that would lead to a four lettered word being needed. Hence me adding 'Blow'.  

Maybe if any future player having a try, added an asterisk per letter for the missing word that they intended to add for the game, that might be at least easier to work on words that could be the one that was needed to complete the two words already given. 

Cast?

Ten*** and ***key

Message 86 of 97
See Most Recent

Linkword

@pickles-60 wrote:

I thought as there were 4 asterisks, that would lead to a four lettered word being needed. Hence me adding 'Blow'.  

Maybe if any future player having a try, added an asterisk per letter for the missing word that they intended to add for the game, that might be at least easier to work on words that could be the one that was needed to complete the two words already given. 

Cast?

Ten*** and ***key

It could be worth giving it a try to see if it would make life easier.  Then again, it could spoil the game in that it might either give the game away or just leave people flummoxed if they couldn't think of an answer with the specified quantity of letters, and may deter them from having a try.  Still, I'll give it a shot.  The missing word can consist of any amount of letters.  You got the last one right, by the way.  Smiley Happy

Don

Wheel**** and ****ball  (Four letters for the missing word)

Message 87 of 97
See Most Recent

Linkword

Spin?

Ply**** and ****Worm (four letters for missing word)

Message 88 of 97
See Most Recent

Linkword

Wood

Wind **** and **** fish

Message 89 of 97
See Most Recent

Linkword

Fall

Down**** and ****Lord

Message 90 of 97
See Most Recent

Linkword

(Actually, pickles, it was "Pipe", ie Windpipe and Pipefish)

Time

Space****  and  ****yard

Message 91 of 97
See Most Recent

Linkword

Ship?

Message 92 of 97
See Most Recent

Linkword

Try**** / Out****

Message 93 of 97
See Most Recent