Baby Clothes Donation

My daughter has asked me to ask on here if anyone knows of an organisation who takes baby clothes (most brand new) and distributes them free to those who really need them. Would prefer not to give them to charity shops at the moment as it still costs the parent money to buy them. Whether its this country or abroad. Thanks.

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

Baby Clothes Donation

Morning Calibra

The salvation Army would know of needy parents and also your local council social services will be helping out young families who can't afford stuff

There is prob also a local voluneteer group for struggling parents , do you Have a Gingerbread group near you ????

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Baby Clothes Donation

Just an idea but why not look out for a mother and baby hostel near you.  My daughter was in one for a while and they would take anything as some of the girls literally have nothing.  They are generally run by specific charities.  They help the family move on so baby stuff of any kind is always in demand.

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Baby Clothes Donation

what a kind thought to donate with no wish for any return.

Do you have a foodbank locally, maybe they have people that really need a few clothes.

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Baby Clothes Donation

Thanks for the suggestions all . I phoned our local Salvation Army Church yesterday and they told me that they are starting a project in January for struggling mums and mums to be and that they would absolutely appreciate the clothes. My daughter is also donating her maternity clothes for the mums to be and also things my grandson has grown out of like his moses basket, bouncer etc. She has asked me to thank you and she is so glad to have found somewhere that she knows the items will go direct to the those who need them.

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Baby Clothes Donation

That'a lovely thing your daughter is doig Claibra and am sure there will be some very grateful parents out there come January, glad our suggestions helped

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Baby Clothes Donation

brilliant.:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Baby Clothes Donation

On behalf of the many who will no doubt read this thread but not participate in this particular discussion, may I say what a wonderful gesture it is.  In our welfare state nobody starves, but many are destitute, raising, or trying to raise children against all odds where often only one parent is present.

Your daughter's heart is most certainly in the right place.  I wish her, and her children, well for the future.

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

Baby Clothes Donation

My Oh lost his job a month before my son was born and we were very grateful for anything baby wise. A neighbour gave us a huge bag full of clothes as did our health visitor and my parents were wonderful. When we had finished with them we too passed them on, some to a refuge and some to a mother and baby unit.

Most people would be over the moon to receive this lovely gift and well done your daughter.
Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent