What did you say?

What was that you said?

Was it "you are still welcome to contact me via private message! I will be available there and across the community to assist."

I don't know about that. PM sent Thursday. = No reply. On Friday I spotted you online so sent a PM asking if you'd not seen my PM or if it was lost amongst your hoards of mail? = No reply.

Am I wrong to deduce from that response that what's done is now done and that's it?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

What did you say?

You are always welcome to message me 🙂  

No clue who you are talking to but try messaging them through their account as they may not be getting your messages through here.

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

What did you say?

i feel a tad voyeurish 😉

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

What did you say?

Not sure what you mean there. The second one was after going a different way. Why would they not be getting "through here"?

Live long and prosper.

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

What did you say?

They're still about today CD. 

I was part way through a reply to a 13 page thread entitled "Beware of ebay payments....." when the screen flickered, my reply disappeared and I was back in the thread.   There was a message from Katie to the effect that as the thread was getting a bit long, some of it was off topic and some info. given was wrong (in other words a typical discussion on the boards), it was being locked and left as Read Only.

No attempt to correct anything incorrect or vapourise the off-topic bits, just lock it in a box and bury it.  Won't that be a great help to anyone searching for  info. in the days to come?

So you were right on one of your other threads --  nothing too long,  yes/no answers preferred,  nothing non-ebay and definitely none of that subversive stuff like expressing an opinion or debating a point.

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

What did you say?

Well that's too bad BUT...... it depends which forum it was on.  I suppose answer forums are for questions with answers and discussion boards are for....... discussions?

I think had I been "in charge" (heaven forbid? 😁) I'd have moved it to a discussion board with a note to that effect.

Katie replied to my PM, bit late but I was very pleased to hear from her at long last.

Live long and prosper.

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

What did you say?

Well, there you go.  I hope Katie was able to able to answer with something helpful and re-assuring???

I like your idea of Katie or the Moderators moving threads (and leaving a note to say where they had gone).  They frequently do exactly that on one of the glass info. boards I use.

They might have trouble though, when ebay announces one of its more involved and far-reaching up-dates but tries to explain the whole concept in a couple of badly written paragraphs.  Leaving a million sellers with more questions than answers.

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

What did you say?

In answer to your first line..... nope.

Threads used to be moved but sometimes there'd be a note with them saying they'd been moved, however, often a thread appeared on a board with loads of IDs I'd never heard of, no note and I'd wonder where it'd been moved from. Sometimes there was a note saying a thread had been moved to another board but there was no consistency in any of it.

Live long and prosper.

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

What did you say?

That figures.

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

What did you say?

Well, I suppose it doesn't matter me saying that now I've been told "officially" that "We won't be reverting to the old way" soooo, that's that.

All I can hope for is the main things mentioned on my thread What would we like to have? - The eBay Community  get implemented?

Live long and prosper.

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent