Missing irem

Has anyone purchased an item from a eBay seller and received a message from eBay saying it was delivered? Royal mail tracking says it was delivered  and signed for. I checked the cctv and the postman never came that day except the Amazon delivery driver. Now since a tracking number was provided I couldn't even take it up with the seller . I messaged the seller and he never got back to me and contacting my Post Office is waste of time. The Post Office do a compensation claim but the seller has to get in touch for them to do an investigation. So I've spent nearly £40 on an item I didn't even receive.  What are my rights? I feel like I've been scammed!!

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Missing irem

Yes,  it does happen, but if the seller has tracking to show delivery you cannot claim any refund from eBay.

Sellers pay extra for tracking so if this was then easily overturned when proof is there for delivery it proves to be a pointless and expensive exercise.

I understand your frustration, but it can happen that an item left in a perhaps not too safe a place,  and in view of passers by is stolen.

Was this a Royal Mail delivery?  Ask your Postie where they left the item.

If a courier then you are correct,  they only  talk with the sender of an item.

Try and see if your home insurance covers this loss.

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

Missing irem

We have our usual postman which we know fairly well. If it's  a Signed for item and we're not in then he will leave a card and come back when we are in. It could be the seller put the wrong door number. My street is usual quite good with mail. If a neighbour isn't in they might get them to sign for it and leave a card stating this. I just found it  strange that the postman never came at all that day and tracking said it had been delivered but delivered where? I also wasn't very impressed that the seller didn't get back in touch when they said they would 

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

Missing irem

Yes,  some sellers are totally bad at communicating.

If this was a Royal Mail delivery add that tracking number into their  Track and Trace online.  See what information it offers you.

Hopefully,  it may even say ' attempted delivery'  in which case it's sitting in your sorting office awaiting collection or instruction to re deliver.

@fluffp81 

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

Missing irem

Yes I did this on the Royal Mail tracking site! It said it had been delivered with the time  of delivery with a signature I didn't recognise. The thing is it never  had my delivery address on  to say that's where it'd been delivered to

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

Missing irem

This is So anoying for you,  but it's all eBay ask for,  a tracking showing delivery to help a seller in cases for an item not received case.

I'm going to ask my Postie when I catch him, what you can do now,  because as far as we know here, the seller has done all he can,   paid for tracking which has shown delivery.

Daft question but you have asked All members in the household if they perhaps took delivery and forgot to tell you?  It does happen.  Knock on all neighbours doors too, see if they have had a lapse in memory and holding onto your item for safe keeping.

@fluffp81 

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

Missing irem

It's just me and my partner! I've asked all the neighbours! Most of my street are at work and my neighbours work from home mostly and they would tell me.  Everyone I asked said they hadn't received a package for me. 

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

Missing irem

I will ask my Postie if there's any avenue you can pursue now.

Where the item was left could it have been stolen,  would it have been on view to others?  Then,  perhaps you can turn to home insurance here.

Posties are allowed to sign for items and leave them.

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

Missing irem

I will see if my insurance will  cover it! I do reckon it's been stolen but its proving it. You've been such a great help! I wish Ebay were as helpful!

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

Missing irem

Aaah  you're very welcome,  and I do wish you all the best chasing this up.

Good Luck!

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent