Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 28.02.24 @2pm

Hi everyone,

Our eBay Community Team is made up of marco@ebay, @dave@ebay  and katie@ebayBetween us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, Fulfilment, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on, we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have, and we’ll do all we can to support. 

How the chat works:

• The chat will open at 2pm and will remain open for new questions until 3pm each Wednesday.
  • We will answer the questions chronologically and will reply after 3pm if needed.
  • To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply.
  • We will reply quoting your question.
  • This chat is designed to provide quick replies from eBay employees on subjects we can assist you with publicly. 

Rules:

• One question per reply. If you have multiple questions, please do multiple replies.
  • Follow the community guidelines, which can be found here
  • Your reply must contain a question. Please do not reply to another members question with an answer. Replies with no questions may be removed to help with the reading of this thread.
  • This thread will close in one hour, so please open a discussion thread and @mention our team if your question is in-depth, ongoing, or more of a general complaint. This way, we can reply to you in a way that is most beneficial to all.

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us, or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 31
See Most Recent
32 REPLIES 32

please can you have a option for the buyer to print there own invoice we get 100s of requests a week for a invoice 

Message 2 of 31
See Most Recent

Hi team!

Someone earleir today asked if American  Express was a method of payment now removed from eBay checkout,  is that right? 

Not one I use so haven't noticed !

Message 3 of 31
See Most Recent

@tressygirl wrote:

Hi team!

Someone earleir today asked if American  Express was a method of payment now removed from eBay checkout,  is that right? 

Not one I use so haven't noticed !

Hi tressygirl, thanks for your question.

Just updating my reply here.

I've just double checked this for you, and American Express is accepted as a payment method. Apologies for any misunderstanding. You can see our policy on this right here.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 4 of 31
See Most Recent

@magnummotorhomescaravansuppliesltd wrote:

please can you have a option for the buyer to print there own invoice we get 100s of requests a week for a invoice 

Hi @magnummotorhomescaravansuppliesltd 

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm not aware of any plans to introduce this feature but I will forward this on on the development team to review. Its possibly something they can introduce as part of  a future update. 

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 5 of 31
See Most Recent

i have recently had negative feedback left, for a situation that was out of my control, bad weather (rain) caused the item to get wet through when left at a buyers property. Originaly I was told that the feedback should be removed and then the opposite. I have been told of the god policy that ebay uses and have been told that the feedback should have been removed. There is no to very little information in regards to the god policy and why do customer services give a different answer

Message 6 of 31
See Most Recent

Why is no way for a seller to make a complaint in regards to a member of ebays staff

Message 7 of 31
See Most Recent

Hi, i would like to start a new shop with ebay. One of the ways I am looking at to start includes dropshipping - can I do this? Is it ok for me to dropship with a new business with ebay?

Thank you

Message 8 of 31
See Most Recent

@phoenix_vinyl_and_collectables wrote:

i have recently had negative feedback left, for a situation that was out of my control, bad weather (rain) caused the item to get wet through when left at a buyers property. Originaly I was told that the feedback should be removed and then the opposite. I have been told of the god policy that ebay uses and have been told that the feedback should have been removed. There is no to very little information in regards to the god policy and why do customer services give a different answer

Hi @phoenix_vinyl_and_collectables 

Unfortunately we don't have access to action feedback here but I will reach out to the Customer Support team to review it now. 

They may be able to action it.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 9 of 31
See Most Recent

ebay.uk and ebay.com rules and policy are the same so why does ebay.com have a better understanding of the policys than ebay.uk whom seem to interpret them differently for there own narative. 

Message 10 of 31
See Most Recent

Why is no way for a seller to make a complaint in regards to a member of ebays staff

Hi phoenix_vinyl_and_collectables, thanks for your question.

If you contact customer services, you can always ask for the agent to lodge a complaint and you can give further details about your complaint, so this can be lodged for you.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 11 of 31
See Most Recent

Hi Marco

You say ebay have never accepted American express but it still shows as a payment method on listings.

See here,Screenshot 2024-02-28 141532.png

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 12 of 31
See Most Recent

Hi

Today we have noticed the option to print a invoice has gone? Upto around 11am this morning it was working fine and now there is just a option to print a packaging slip that does not contain any details like vat etc

Message 13 of 31
See Most Recent

Good afternoon the community team.

I am still having issues with your estimated delivery dates. 

This is now resulting in several messages from buyers thinking their items are late, when they are not.  However, they are going by the information that ebay are providing them, your weird calculation formula, rather than base it on the actual couriers information.

Here are the messages I am getting: 

"transom saver not arrived yet???"

"Hi not to pleased due to the fact I ordered this part from your company because of the delivery time and it's not happened! Hopefully this item will turn up soon".

The above messages were from buyers that selected our three day, FREE delivery service.

They brought the item on Saturday and and it was dropped off at the parcel shop the same day Saturday.  The couriers do not collect parcels Saturdays or Sundays, but ebay have included those days as collection days.  

Ebay informed both customers it would arrive on Monday, which is false.  If you look on the Couriers website site directly the delivery dates ARE CORRECT, three working days as delivery.

I am seeing that ebay are giving buyers next day delivery too, even though they have selected the FREE THREE day service.

You are making sellers look incompetent and causing unnecessary stress .  I like many other sellers do not have extra time to have to message buyers back and have to explain that the delivery dates set by ebay are wrong.

Can you advise me please on what courier service to use to get this resolved, and, explain the reasonings why you say that the EDD is correct and the system is working.

As we all cannot be wrong on this issue.

Best wishes

Message 14 of 31
See Most Recent

@mixomni wrote:

Hi, i would like to start a new shop with ebay. One of the ways I am looking at to start includes dropshipping - can I do this? Is it ok for me to dropship with a new business with ebay?

Thank you

Hi @mixomni 

Drop shipping is allowed if you own the items prior to listing or have an agreement with a wholesale supplier to list and sell their items. 

Sellers are not allowed to list an item that is not in their possession and then purchase the item from other retailers or marketplaces that ship the item directly to their customers. The reason for this is it creates multiple bad buyer experiences.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 15 of 31
See Most Recent

@plum993 wrote:

Hi Marco

You say ebay have never accepted American express but it still shows as a payment method on listings.

See here,Screenshot 2024-02-28 141532.png

Hi plum993, thanks for your post.

I've just double checked this, and you are right, we do take American Express. I've just updated my last reply to prevent any confusion. More about the accepted payment methods here.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 16 of 31
See Most Recent

@mteconlineshop wrote:

Hi

Today we have noticed the option to print a invoice has gone? Upto around 11am this morning it was working fine and now there is just a option to print a packaging slip that does not contain any details like vat etc

Hi mteconlineshop, thanks for your post.

This is an ongoing issue from our end, we are currently working on it to get it fixed. As soon as we get an update on it, I will be happy to update you here.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 17 of 31
See Most Recent

ebay.uk and ebay.com rules and policy are the same so why does ebay.com have a better understanding of the policys than ebay.uk whom seem to interpret them differently for there own narative. 

Hi @phoenix_vinyl_and_collectables 

There can be differences in the policies across some of the regions which can lead to exceptions or different resolutions in some cases. 

Unfortunately we're not not part of to the policy team so I cant give you more information on why you might have received a different response from different sites.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 18 of 31
See Most Recent

Thank you, Dave. That's fine, understand. I shall have a look, just setting out new on ebay and sourcing wholesale suppliers at present. I shall reach out on further questions along the way. Many thanks

Message 19 of 31
See Most Recent

When using the seller 'help' function to ask for feedback removal, why does the 'How did we do?' survey nearly always arrive well before the actual response?

Happens more or less every time for me and I have to answer it negatively because eBay are asking me to rate something that hasn't even happened.

Message 20 of 31
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.