is this the way eBay issue returns labels now

I made a recent Purchase based on Sellers 5% discount Offer of £51.29 for

8 x Fence Post Spike Holders but the Seller only sent me One Square Post Holder.

I contacted him and said incorrect item sent.

I had to start a “Return” case and had expected a Return Label to be sent to me.

The Seller has sent this to me: https://www.royalmail.com/track-my-return/create/4297

Will this generate an Ebay Return Label and show up on Return Case and is it safe?

Help and advice would be appreciated

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you very much for the speedy answer.  I will contact Seller again and ask for an EBay generated Returns label s in line with eBay's policies relating to returned items.

Hope this works

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

It is not up to the seller to dictate which means of postage is used to return the item to him given that he has screwed up.  It is his responsibility to issue you with an eBay Returns label so that you can return the item in line with eBay's policies relating to returned items.  If the seller had done this then the eBay Returns label would provide tracking, and provide eBay with proof of successful or attempted delivery, which would result in your refund being accepted.  It may well be that the seller is trying to mislead you into using a different means of postage so that he gets the item back but there is no proof that you sent it back, in which case eBay would not refund your money.

To begin with, contact the seller and ask for an eBay Returns label and see what kind of response you get.  If the seller abides by your request and issues you with an eBay Returns label then use it to return the item to the seller.  If, on the other hand, the seller fails to reply or tries to fob you off with some silly reason as to why it would be better not to use an eBay Returns label then once you have the opportunity to do so escalate the case to eBay in order to get them to step in and help to resolve the matter.

In the event that eBay do have to step in and resolve this matter for you due to the seller's refusal to issue you with an eBay Returns label they would more than likely force a total refund, regardless of whether or not the seller was in agreement with their decision.  If eBay were to do that then you wouldn't need to return the item to the seller; however, if he really wanted it back badly enough then it would be up to him to make alternative arrangements to get the item back again.  However, my own guess is that he wouldn't bother chasing you to send it back and would decide that it would just be better to cut his losses.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Thank you very much for the speedy answer.  I will contact Seller again and ask for an EBay generated Returns label s in line with eBay's policies relating to returned items.

Hope this works

Regards

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got Postage related questions? Start here: