💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 12.04.23 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 35
See Most Recent
34 REPLIES 34

Hi All,

I am still needing a reply from last week messages to dave@ebay regarding post https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Chat-with-the-eBay-Community/Weekly-Chat-with-the-eBay-Community-Tea...

Please could you advise?

Thank you

Message 2 of 35
See Most Recent

Thank you so much for doing this and helping.

Please could you look into my ebay account and advise why you think our sales seem to come out at the similar volume on a regular basis some days exactly the same total and other days within a few £.

Example days:

Wed 1st March
Thur 2nd Mach

Thur 16th
Friday 17th

When you look over the month you will see higher days usually caused by using send offer tool but then you will see a drop after it. When you then look at the volume over 7 days you will see the average comes out and nearly exactly the same as the 4 example days above.

We have 60000 SKUs with different prices so it's not a case that we are selling the same item over and over.

Thank you so much for the help.

Message 3 of 35
See Most Recent

I read on the ebay pages you can have more than 1 ebay account with another shop subscription but only if you plan to sell different items or one for buying and one for selling so for example one account to sell flowers in a shop and another to sell TVs in a shop.

My question is would you be allowed a 2nd account and shop subscription selling the same type of item but in a different condition? For example one account sells the products used/refurb and the other account sells brand new/sealed.

The selling limits being used are less than 50% of what is allowed so the idea if allowed is to split the stock between used/new which has some benefits with our listing tools if it's done on 2 accounts rather than one.

Message 4 of 35
See Most Recent

Hi I have had problems with paclink - Evri does not seem to update the tracking again . Very intermittent.

Message 5 of 35
See Most Recent

Back in June last year I asked about the fact that Royal Mail postage labels for standard 1st & 2nd class purchased through ebay show a 'tracking' number against the item.
This is NOT a tracked service - if you are lucky and it's scanned on delivery, it will show as delivered, but it's not tracked along the journey.

Kat was going to feed this back to the shipping team.

Was there ever any response about this, as it still shows as a 'tracking' number? It's very misleading.

Original question and response here:

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Chat-with-the-eBay-Community/Weekly-Chat-with-the-eBay-Community-Tea...

It would be good to get a proper response to these questions, otherwise it's not much point asking if we just get told (as we frequently do!), 'I'll pass it back to the appropriate team'.

Message 6 of 35
See Most Recent

@retroclub wrote:

Thank you so much for doing this and helping.

Please could you look into my ebay account and advise why you think our sales seem to come out at the similar volume on a regular basis some days exactly the same total and other days within a few £.

Example days:

Wed 1st March
Thur 2nd Mach

Thur 16th
Friday 17th

When you look over the month you will see higher days usually caused by using send offer tool but then you will see a drop after it. When you then look at the volume over 7 days you will see the average comes out and nearly exactly the same as the 4 example days above.

We have 60000 SKUs with different prices so it's not a case that we are selling the same item over and over.

Thank you so much for the help.

Hi @retroclub ,

We are unable to provide 1-1  sales and growth conversations here and would recommend to reach out to customer support. This would allow time for your account to be reviewed in the detail you require and gain further insight.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 7 of 35
See Most Recent

@retroclub wrote:

Hi All,

I am still needing a reply from last week messages to dave@ebay regarding post https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Chat-with-the-eBay-Community/Weekly-Chat-with-the-eBay-Community-Tea...

Please could you advise?

Thank you

Hi @retroclub 

Apologies, I don't have an update on it yet. I'll chase it now and get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Dave  

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 8 of 35
See Most Recent

Thanks Kat. I've spoken to customer service who said the account has no issues but I didnt think anyone at ebay offered 1-1  sales and growth conversation help? Is this something someone at customer service can do?

Message 9 of 35
See Most Recent

@retrosweets wrote:

I read on the ebay pages you can have more than 1 ebay account with another shop subscription but only if you plan to sell different items or one for buying and one for selling so for example one account to sell flowers in a shop and another to sell TVs in a shop.

My question is would you be allowed a 2nd account and shop subscription selling the same type of item but in a different condition? For example one account sells the products used/refurb and the other account sells brand new/sealed.

The selling limits being used are less than 50% of what is allowed so the idea if allowed is to split the stock between used/new which has some benefits with our listing tools if it's done on 2 accounts rather than one.

Hi @retrosweets ,

As you have mentioned eBay does allow users to have more than one account selling items but they need to be different products.  The same product but with different conditions would need to be listed on the same account.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support

eBay
Message 10 of 35
See Most Recent

kat@ebay wrote:

@retrosweets wrote:

Hi @retrosweets ,

As you have mentioned eBay does allow users to have more than one account selling items but they need to be different products.  The same product but with different conditions would need to be listed on the same account.

Thank you,

Kat

Understood. Thank you.

To check 1 account selling for example single books. Then a 2nd account selling books in bundles/wholesale job lots of 25 books per listing would be allowed or not?

Message 11 of 35
See Most Recent

@williabaxte7 wrote:

Hi I have had problems with paclink - Evri does not seem to update the tracking again . Very intermittent.

Hi @williabaxte7 

We did have a tech issue with this but it has been resolved. The tracking is now updating but in some cases its not updating immediately. 

Is not updating at all for you now?

Thanks,

Dave 

eBay
Message 12 of 35
See Most Recent

Hello, we have an issue where by orders that are recieved and being sent to ecp collection addresses, ie argos etc are not being marked as dispatched we use a 3rd party linnworks who we have approcahed but they are pointing the issue on ebay's side (we can mark manually on the ebay platform) I have raised this with ebay support but thus far no response...

Kind Regards

Message 13 of 35
See Most Recent

@kempseykate wrote:

Back in June last year I asked about the fact that Royal Mail postage labels for standard 1st & 2nd class purchased through ebay show a 'tracking' number against the item.
This is NOT a tracked service - if you are lucky and it's scanned on delivery, it will show as delivered, but it's not tracked along the journey.

Kat was going to feed this back to the shipping team.

Was there ever any response about this, as it still shows as a 'tracking' number? It's very misleading.

Original question and response here:

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Chat-with-the-eBay-Community/Weekly-Chat-with-the-eBay-Community-Tea...

It would be good to get a proper response to these questions, otherwise it's not much point asking if we just get told (as we frequently do!), 'I'll pass it back to the appropriate team'.

Hi @kempseykate ,

Yes we did feed this back when it was raised. Although it is a tracked service its not a fully tracked service. There is no current plans to make a change for this.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 14 of 35
See Most Recent

Hi can someone please ask the relevant team to look into my account there's something seriously wrong with it I contacted ebay yesterday but I don't think she understood . My sales have virtually stopped , my listings quality report is telling me to post faster..... I post same day! My premium badge disappeared from all but 35 of my listings halfway through 2nd April and I've lost the credits. My account is top rated every month no defects and i use the same postage & returns policies for all listings so there's a problem within as that doesn't make any sense? 

Message 15 of 35
See Most Recent

The last month or so I have noticed a increase in returns claiming not as described when they have not read the listing or buyers putting offers in then not paying as they then go back and read the listing. I have noticed in the last month or so ebay have introduced a pop up at times when searching for items and buyers can click this to purchase the item quicker but without actually looking at the item page. This is great for brand new products where the buyer likely already knows what they are purchasing.

As my store name suggests I don't sell brand new products and often best if buyers read the description or item condition report to see if there are any defects or something missing mentioned in the listing. 

Can feedback be passed on to the correct team that is creating more returns/unpaid offers which cost a small business time and money dealing with. 

Message 16 of 35
See Most Recent

@retroclub wrote:

Thanks Kat. I've spoken to customer service who said the account has no issues but I didnt think anyone at ebay offered 1-1  sales and growth conversation help? Is this something someone at customer service can do?

Hi @retroclub ,

It may be the case that when they reviewed the account when you made contact they saw no issues that would be impacting the sales. When in contact with customer support you can ask them to review your sales performance and listings for recommendations on improvement.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 17 of 35
See Most Recent

@retrosweets wrote:

kat@ebay wrote:

@retrosweets wrote:

Hi @retrosweets ,

Thank you,

Kat

Understood. Thank you.

To check 1 account selling for example single books. Then a 2nd account selling books in bundles/wholesale job lots of 25 books per listing would be allowed or not?

Hi @retrosweets ,

As they are the same product this would not be allowed. Having a 2nd account it should be different products that are being sold.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 18 of 35
See Most Recent

@coopers-direct wrote:

Hello, we have an issue where by orders that are recieved and being sent to ecp collection addresses, ie argos etc are not being marked as dispatched we use a 3rd party linnworks who we have approcahed but they are pointing the issue on ebay's side (we can mark manually on the ebay platform) I have raised this with ebay support but thus far no response...

Kind Regards

Hi @coopers-direct 

We dont support 3rd party integration through here but the developer team should be able to have a look at whats happening.

You can register with them here and they should be able to help.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 19 of 35
See Most Recent

@uk.yourgiftsdelivered wrote:

Hi can someone please ask the relevant team to look into my account there's something seriously wrong with it I contacted ebay yesterday but I don't think she understood . My sales have virtually stopped , my listings quality report is telling me to post faster..... I post same day! My premium badge disappeared from all but 35 of my listings halfway through 2nd April and I've lost the credits. My account is top rated every month no defects and i use the same postage & returns policies for all listings so there's a problem within as that doesn't make any sense? 

Hi @uk.yourgiftsdelivered ,

Have you made any recent changes to postage services offered on the listings where the premium service badge was removed?

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 20 of 35
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.