💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 02.11.22 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 23
See Most Recent
22 REPLIES 22

Hi guys.

Re this post: https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Suggestions-for-the-Community/What-s-with-all-these-ridiculous-new-q...

I have already asked this on the thread itself, but as you have chosen not to take any action, or even answer, I'll try again, here.

katie@ebay wrote: The post was moved based on the subject. Topics related to community changes should be posted here.

If you look back at the original opening post, you will see that the title was a question, NOT a suggestion.

I started this as a DISCUSSION, quite correctly on the discussion board. I wanted to hear other's opinions, and got many... until you moved it.

Hiding it in the Cafe>Suggestions, so that very few ever see it, or get a chance to reply, is surely in direct opposition to your stated desire for more members to become active in the forum? I note that this location has had just ONE other thread started this year!

I also note that since moving it, there have been almost no views or responses.

Can I please ask, again, that you return it to the discussion board, where I originally posted it?

Or, if you genuinely want greater visibility for the Suggestions section, move the whole category under the umbrella of Discussions, and leave the Cafe for what it's best for.

Thank you, 

Steve

Over promise, then under deliver = negative buyer experience, INR cases, unhappy buyers and sellers.
Under promise, then over deliver = Positive buyer experience, joy and happiness all round. 
If only eBay could get their heads round this basic concept, this would be a happier place for all.
Message 2 of 23
See Most Recent

I would like to be able to bulk change my variations on my listings. Is there a way of doing this please?

Message 3 of 23
See Most Recent

@hill-walker wrote:

Hi guys.

Re this post: https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Suggestions-for-the-Community/What-s-with-all-these-ridiculous-new-q...

I have already asked this on the thread itself, but as you have chosen not to take any action, or even answer, I'll try again, here.

katie@ebay wrote: The post was moved based on the subject. Topics related to community changes should be posted here.

If you look back at the original opening post, you will see that the title was a question, NOT a suggestion.

I started this as a DISCUSSION, quite correctly on the discussion board. I wanted to hear other's opinions, and got many... until you moved it.

Hiding it in the Cafe>Suggestions, so that very few ever see it, or get a chance to reply, is surely in direct opposition to your stated desire for more members to become active in the forum? I note that this location has had just ONE other thread started this year!

I also note that since moving it, there have been almost no views or responses.

Can I please ask, again, that you return it to the discussion board, where I originally posted it?

Or, if you genuinely want greater visibility for the Suggestions section, move the whole category under the umbrella of Discussions, and leave the Cafe for what it's best for.

Thank you, 

Steve

Hi Steve,

This post was within our Seller Central discussion board. Due to the topic being about the community it made more sense for it to be in the Cafe. We moved it in line with our moderation rules and we will not be moving it back.

We welcome comments on the thread that remains open for discussion.

Thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 4 of 23
See Most Recent

Sorry it's a long post, but can you tell me where do we stand on removal of defects in relation to Royal Mail strikes?

I spoke to CS rep earlier today about having 2 late delivery defects removed from my account which were due to the Royal Mails strikes.  I was told at first that they can only be removed if I have uploaded tracking information.  This is not how the Ebay announcement reads and I think it is very misleading and the CS rep agreed with me and said that he would escalate the matter.  I am aware that a lot of items which I posted on Wednesday 26th October still have not arrive yet – so I am expecting more late defects on my account.

The announcement says :-

eBay will continue to automatically protect your performance until Friday 9 December for transactions for:

Your late delivery rate, which will be removed for transactions with estimated delivery dates until Friday 9 December.

Your “item not received” count in your Service Metrics dashboard will be automatically removed.

We will also remove any negative and neutral feedback relating to or arising from late or non delivery during this period”

So reading this makes sellers believe that any defects will be removed and it does not say that you must upload tracking details to qualify to have defects removed.  The CS rep also quoted the following:-

As always, please upload tracking details when you dispatch an item. This helps to keep your buyers informed, and adding tracking details when you dispatch gives you additional protection

I agreed that yes uploading tracking details does offer additional protection in cases of INR’s for both buyers and sellers.  However, the words “additional protection” to me means more protection than what Ebay are already agreeing to do.

Can this be looked into please and a solution or decision given as a lot of low valued/low cost item sellers, like myself are going to suffer with defects that we were told initially would be removed.

Message 5 of 23
See Most Recent

katie@ebay wrote:

Hi Steve,

This post was within our Seller Central discussion board. Due to the topic being about the community it made more sense for it to be in the Cafe. We moved it in line with our moderation rules and we will not be moving it back.

Thanks,

Katie 

Yes, I appreciate that Seller Central was somewhat limiting, but as you don't have anywhere on under the Discussion tab for more general posts, and that you do have to select a board from the list, may I ask where I should/could have posted it for appropriate visibility?

As I say, it's now "lost" where you've moved it to 😞

Over promise, then under deliver = negative buyer experience, INR cases, unhappy buyers and sellers.
Under promise, then over deliver = Positive buyer experience, joy and happiness all round. 
If only eBay could get their heads round this basic concept, this would be a happier place for all.
Message 6 of 23
See Most Recent

@truly-personalised wrote:

I would like to be able to bulk change my variations on my listings. Is there a way of doing this please?

Hi @truly-personalised ,

You should be able to download your active listings from the report tab in seller hub and edit the variations from there. It would need to be done offline through CSV and uploaded back onto site. 

There is more information for reports here.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 7 of 23
See Most Recent

Could you please confirm that the advertised seller protection against negative/neutral feedback, late delivery and INR count during the periods of Royal Mail industrial action applies to all orders, whether or not tracking is uploaded? The announcement indicates that it does apply to all orders, i.e there's no mention of any conditions, however it has been reported on the forums that eBay customer services are telling people that this protection only applies to orders with valid tracking. 

Message 8 of 23
See Most Recent

@hill-walker wrote:

katie@ebay wrote:

Hi Steve,

Thanks,

Katie 

Yes, I appreciate that Seller Central was somewhat limiting, but as you don't have anywhere on under the Discussion tab for more general posts, and that you do have to select a board from the list, may I ask where I should/could have posted it for appropriate visibility?

As I say, it's now "lost" where you've moved it to 😞

Hi Steve, 

The Café is a discussion based space, the format is the same. The board we moved the thread to is the discussion board for community related topics. Based on your feedback I've changed the name so it is more obvious to new users.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 9 of 23
See Most Recent

@iceblue_uk wrote:

Could you please confirm that the advertised seller protection against negative/neutral feedback, late delivery and INR count during the periods of Royal Mail industrial action applies to all orders, whether or not tracking is uploaded? The announcement indicates that it does apply to all orders, i.e there's no mention of any conditions, however it has been reported on the forums that eBay customer services are telling people that this protection only applies to orders with valid tracking. 

Hi @iceblue_uk ,

Yes the seller protections applies to all orders including non tracked.

See more info on it here

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support

eBay
Message 10 of 23
See Most Recent

Any chance you can arrange for some of the long ongoing bugs to be fixed?

The inability to mark items as dispatched (page just hangs)

The inability to add tracking numbers in batch (all that happens is the red error message appears at the top of the page if you try and add more thatn two)

And on the 'new' listing form when I change an option on a drop down menu, I do that for a reason.  so please can my choice 'stick'.  I don't want ebay to 'revert' it back to what they had before or what they think I need 10 seconds later or worse still when I change another option somewhere else .

I'm not against change, but please remind the programming team that they need to TEST things first. We're trying to run businesses on here, not be beta testers.

Message 11 of 23
See Most Recent

I also posted regarding this matter / issue.  I think Customer Services reps need to be told this then as they are saying that defects etc. can only be removed if tracking is uploaded.

Message 12 of 23
See Most Recent

@charmingdesignsdna wrote:

Sorry it's a long post, but can you tell me where do we stand on removal of defects in relation to Royal Mail strikes?

I spoke to CS rep earlier today about having 2 late delivery defects removed from my account which were due to the Royal Mails strikes.  I was told at first that they can only be removed if I have uploaded tracking information.  This is not how the Ebay announcement reads and I think it is very misleading and the CS rep agreed with me and said that he would escalate the matter.  I am aware that a lot of items which I posted on Wednesday 26th October still have not arrive yet – so I am expecting more late defects on my account.

The announcement says :-

eBay will continue to automatically protect your performance until Friday 9 December for transactions for:

Your late delivery rate, which will be removed for transactions with estimated delivery dates until Friday 9 December.

Your “item not received” count in your Service Metrics dashboard will be automatically removed.

We will also remove any negative and neutral feedback relating to or arising from late or non delivery during this period”

So reading this makes sellers believe that any defects will be removed and it does not say that you must upload tracking details to qualify to have defects removed.  The CS rep also quoted the following:-

As always, please upload tracking details when you dispatch an item. This helps to keep your buyers informed, and adding tracking details when you dispatch gives you additional protection

I agreed that yes uploading tracking details does offer additional protection in cases of INR’s for both buyers and sellers.  However, the words “additional protection” to me means more protection than what Ebay are already agreeing to do.

Can this be looked into please and a solution or decision given as a lot of low valued/low cost item sellers, like myself are going to suffer with defects that we were told initially would be removed.

Hi @charmingdesignsdna

Thanks for reaching out.

The protection for shipping defects does indeed cover items that were not tracked. You are correct that the tracking will give additional protection in cases but you are still protected regardless.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 13 of 23
See Most Recent

Thanks Dave for confirming this.  It is quite annoying when CS reps tell us something else when we call them.

Regards

Message 14 of 23
See Most Recent

@jreg-fuchsias wrote:

Any chance you can arrange for some of the long ongoing bugs to be fixed?

The inability to mark items as dispatched (page just hangs)

The inability to add tracking numbers in batch (all that happens is the red error message appears at the top of the page if you try and add more thatn two)

And on the 'new' listing form when I change an option on a drop down menu, I do that for a reason.  so please can my choice 'stick'.  I don't want ebay to 'revert' it back to what they had before or what they think I need 10 seconds later or worse still when I change another option somewhere else .

I'm not against change, but please remind the programming team that they need to TEST things first. We're trying to run businesses on here, not be beta testers.

Hi @jreg-fuchsias ,

I do understand where your coming from on this. We are pushing with the tech team on our side to try and resolve as many of the current bugs as possible. We have highlighted the marking orders as dispatched issue with them today for priority to be given for a resolution.  While I can't give a timescale for the fix I can give assurance it is being worked on.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 15 of 23
See Most Recent

@charmingdesignsdna wrote:

Thanks Dave for confirming this.  It is quite annoying when CS reps tell us something else when we call them.

Regards

@charmingdesignsdna glad to confirm this. I'll have this raised internally to make sure there is no further confusion.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 16 of 23
See Most Recent

I sell a lot of low priced items but my selling limit has almost reached on item limit but I am a long way off my £ limit. I have asked many times for an increase in item limit but they reject it. I would like to increase my stock amount for each lisiting as they are made to order and I have 3 variations of each item customers purchase 10 at a time sometimes but I can only list 40 in stock at any one time as this counts as 120 on one listing. I have sold 3k items and been selling for over a year and have high positive feedback. I don't understand the reluctance to raise my item limit? 

Message 17 of 23
See Most Recent

Under the general "Discussions" tab, could you consider adding an "Other" category please, for discussions that don't neatly pigeon-hole into the existing ones? 

other.jpg

Message 18 of 23
See Most Recent

@hill-walker wrote:

Under the general "Discussions" tab, could you consider adding an "Other" category please, for discussions that don't neatly pigeon-hole into the existing ones? 

other.jpg

Hi @hill-walker,

I appreciate the suggestion. For now, we have changed the name of the discussion board for community topics (will take a while for changes to reflect) to meet in the middle.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 19 of 23
See Most Recent

Hi

Can somebody please look at the EDD iussues we have been facing for the last year or so please? 

I have 3 day dispatch set up, and post using RM 2nd class (untracked, as most items are under £4 in value.)

I am constantly getting told to post by 3 days, but that EDD is the day after I am due to post. I have had all the usual spiel about dynamic calculations, distance and seller standing. It makes no sense. I dispatch either  Monday or  Wed/ Thursday, so some items are sent early, some on the 3rd day, but my EDDs are all the day after they are due to be posted.

My problem is that even when RM are working normally, this is not going to happen, and the buyer can open an INR case two days after I post. They very rarely then admit that the item has arrived, and I don't know if it has arrived, so have to either refund anyway or run the risk of them escalating a coupe of days later. They do not reply to messages asking if the item has arrived or not.

I know my metrics should not be affected at the moment, but I will still lose my moneyt and the item.

Message 20 of 23
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.