💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 02.11.22 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 23
See Most Recent
22 REPLIES 22

Re: 💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 02.11.22 @2pm

Apparently if I post early, you then expect me to always post early, so that is what you tell my customers. I want my EDD to actually be based on MY dispatch time that I set, and RM' s declared 2-3 day delivery time.

Message 21 of 23
See Most Recent

@designsbyhtp wrote:

I sell a lot of low priced items but my selling limit has almost reached on item limit but I am a long way off my £ limit. I have asked many times for an increase in item limit but they reject it. I would like to increase my stock amount for each lisiting as they are made to order and I have 3 variations of each item customers purchase 10 at a time sometimes but I can only list 40 in stock at any one time as this counts as 120 on one listing. I have sold 3k items and been selling for over a year and have high positive feedback. I don't understand the reluctance to raise my item limit? 

Hi @designsbyhtp 

You can only have a limit increase review every 30 days so it could be that the system is automatically refusing because of the this. 

You can contact the limits team directly and they can manually review your account through the Contact Us section here.

Thanks,

Dave.

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 22 of 23
See Most Recent

@a-touch-of-sparkle wrote:

Hi

Can somebody please look at the EDD iussues we have been facing for the last year or so please? 

I have 3 day dispatch set up, and post using RM 2nd class (untracked, as most items are under £4 in value.)

I am constantly getting told to post by 3 days, but that EDD is the day after I am due to post. I have had all the usual spiel about dynamic calculations, distance and seller standing. It makes no sense. I dispatch either  Monday or  Wed/ Thursday, so some items are sent early, some on the 3rd day, but my EDDs are all the day after they are due to be posted.

My problem is that even when RM are working normally, this is not going to happen, and the buyer can open an INR case two days after I post. They very rarely then admit that the item has arrived, and I don't know if it has arrived, so have to either refund anyway or run the risk of them escalating a coupe of days later. They do not reply to messages asking if the item has arrived or not.

I know my metrics should not be affected at the moment, but I will still lose my moneyt and the item.

Hi @a-touch-of-sparkle,

I appreciate you are aware of the explanations given before in relation to EDD's and the regular feedback we get on the boards on this topic we share with our shipping team. There is protections in place due to the strikes which I know you have mentioned. However right now there is no change to the way it is currently calculated.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 23 of 23
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.