parcel delivered to wrong address

hi everyone , just wondered if someone can help me. i sent a item with hermes and was delivered to wrong adress. customer been to neighbours and they said they returned it to courior as no one of that name live there. i contacted hermes and they said it was delivered to that house and left in outbuilding as no one was in. so what do i do ?? do i give the customer a refund  as i only had one  , even though my gut feeling is telling im being ripped off  by customer and his nieghbour. it went 14 in stead of 41 !!!!

View Entire Topic

Hi @pink_car_spares

If the Hermes website is showing tracked delivery, the buyer will have difficulty winning a case.

That said, it is not at all unbelievable that Hermes has delivered it to the wrong address and that the person at No 14 refused to take it and Hermes then just dumped it - delivered it to a 'safe' place at No 41.

Does the buyer have an outbuilding where it could have been left and if so, have they checked it?

If they do not have an outbuilding, or the outbuilding is not theirs, or it was not open for anything to be left in it (eg locked shed) then really you should go back to Hermes and insist on an investigation.

If that is the case, keep the buyer informed at all times.

Only decide on a refund or not when you have much clearer information to get a much better idea as to what has or is most likely to have happened.