bidding

l feel as if it's not letting me join in the bidding it's as if iv only to buy and not have the pleasure of joining in the auction...I'm not so sure if I'm doing something wrong or this malarkey maybe isn't for me...
View Entire Topic

Hi, all new and occasional buyers are given limits by eBay and this is done to try and stop inexperienced members from getting in too deep and ending up wih more items won than they can afford to pay for.  Included in the limit:-

All items that you have bought or won but not yet paid for

All recently cancelled transactions

All bids outstanding on live auctions, even if not the high bidder, because you can still win if someone's bid is cancelled or retracted.

As you build up a good track record for responsible buying, eBay will ease the limit and then finally lift it completely.  In the meantime, the trick with auctions (when you can start bidding again) is to bid only once, bid your absolute maximum and bid in the closing seconds of the auction.  If you win then pay immediately.

Where a buyer has a poor track record, eBay can impose restrictions such as limiting the buyer to purchasing from buy-it-now listings that have 'immediate payment' as a setting.  There are other restrictions.