Clicking on bidding, buy it now, watch this item, make an offer buttons, not working

This has been an issue for a couple of days now, when you attempt to choose an option, a box (thin line) appears around the whole list of options but nothing is actioned. The wonderful website designers have probably changed or updated something to help justify there continued employment and not made it backward compatible with older systems. Maybe they want me to buy a more modern computer with more modern software. I will check out Amazon to see if they will allow me to buy one!

Message 1 of 29
See Most Recent
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Clicking on bidding, buy it now, watch this item, make an offer buttons, not working

It is without doubt a technical issue on eBay's side for the past couple of days. I have the issue on both far fox and safari, and those who use Chrome and Pale Moon are also having the issue. I'm now unable to use eBay on anything apart from my phone. eBay really needs to take prompt action on this one.

Message 21 of 29
See Most Recent

Re: Clicking on bidding, buy it now, watch this item, make an offer buttons, not working

It is most definitely a technical issue on eBay's side. I've had the same issue for the same number of days in both Firefox and Safari. Others are also having the same issue with other browsers such as Chrome and Pale Moon. Prompt action is required here.

Message 22 of 29
See Most Recent

It's definitely a technical issue at eBay's end that they really must resolve. I've had the same issue for the same length of time in both Firefox and Safari. Others are having the same issue in browsers such as Chrome and Pale Moon. 

Message 23 of 29
See Most Recent

It's most definitely a technical issue at eBay's end. Just can't understand why they are being so slow to fix it. Several different browsers are affected, including Firefox, Safari Chrome, and Pale Moon.

Message 24 of 29
See Most Recent

This has been reported since the 24th by a variety of users on many systems. Ebay definition; "A group of low IQ people, that usually sit behind computers picking their noses and trying to THUNK up bright ideas because they have nothing to do with their time. Usually they will go with the addage, 'if it's not broke, fix it'. "

LOL!

Message 25 of 29
See Most Recent

I read a thread on the 25th about sellers having orders cancelled and refunded by ebay after items had been dispatched. In it Dave posted reply saying that there had been a problem with iOS but it had been fixed. It also recommended that the latest version of iOS be downloaded. I've just gone back to that thread to have another look in light of this thread and found the reply has been changed with the section about iOS removed. Sound like the problem is more widespread than ebay thought.

Message 26 of 29
See Most Recent

This issue of software failing from time to time on diferent platforms and different browsers, especially as smart phones and tablets gain prominance, is now common.

Put aside the failure to test pre-release, cheaper to release and get free user feedback exposing bugs via the complaints, the issue is programmers failing to adhere to industry standards designed to allow software to work universally.  ANSI standards are the normal default, such that a line of code written to the standard will work on any browser or platform.  Unfortunately programmers these days ignore the rules and try to create clever clever routines as their 'tag' in the software.  They can brag that their bit of design is used by millions and claim social superiority over colleagues.  It is identical to a graffiti tag on a wall or an architect sticking a ridiculous design against a familiar backdrop.  It is all about ego and being noticed.

We, the end user, have to suffer this time and time again as there no regulation of it.  It is just passed over as a technical issue.

Platforms and operating system providers are also guilty of trying to limit the ANSI standards forcing compliance with more recent operating system versions trying to force upgrades, normally using the lie of security upgrades.  So you will find now many apps on Android no longer work with Android less than version 7, Microsoft withdraw support for versions of their operating system trying to force upgrades - like trying to force everybody to 365 in order to impose annual license charges as if for business use on al machines in the home.

The end result is a mess where less and less of the tech and online stuff works.  I have actually gone back to using a cheque book for some payments and will not upgrade the smart phone when the built in redundancy initiates self-destructs in a year or two. 

As for AI, what a load of marketing nonsense.

Message 27 of 29
See Most Recent

@dwtrading2015 wrote:

This issue of software failing from time to time on diferent platforms and different browsers, especially as smart phones and tablets gain prominance, is now common.

Put aside the failure to test pre-release, cheaper to release and get free user feedback exposing bugs via the complaints, the issue is programmers failing to adhere to industry standards designed to allow software to work universally.  ANSI standards are the normal default, such that a line of code written to the standard will work on any browser or platform.  Unfortunately programmers these days ignore the rules and try to create clever clever routines as their 'tag' in the software.  They can brag that their bit of design is used by millions and claim social superiority over colleagues.  It is identical to a graffiti tag on a wall or an architect sticking a ridiculous design against a familiar backdrop.  It is all about ego and being noticed.

We, the end user, have to suffer this time and time again as there no regulation of it.  It is just passed over as a technical issue.

Platforms and operating system providers are also guilty of trying to limit the ANSI standards forcing compliance with more recent operating system versions trying to force upgrades, normally using the lie of security upgrades.  So you will find now many apps on Android no longer work with Android less than version 7, Microsoft withdraw support for versions of their operating system trying to force upgrades - like trying to force everybody to 365 in order to impose annual license charges as if for business use on al machines in the home.

The end result is a mess where less and less of the tech and online stuff works.  I have actually gone back to using a cheque book for some payments and will not upgrade the smart phone when the built in redundancy initiates self-destructs in a year or two. 

As for AI, what a load of marketing nonsense.

What an excellent & enlightening post,  had no idea, thank you!

"It is all about ego and being noticed."

They definitely got noticed on ebay boards, both here & the US, sadly not for the reasons they expected.

Still this needs to be fixed if ebay cares about their $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, as buyers will simply abandon ebay if their devices no longer work on this platform.

Message 28 of 29
See Most Recent

02 05 24. Problem has disappeared so I assume Ebay have now fixed this issue.

Message 29 of 29
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: