A Question about business sellers & Phone numbers

is it required by UK law for business sellers to have their phone numbers public on the about section 

thank you  

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As @jckl1957 has said its eBays rules and we just got to play by them, if you are registering the best advice I can give you is to buy a cheap 2nd phone and have a sim in that as that is the number you will need if you wish for eBay to contact you, plus it stops random people calling or messaging you off here which is rather annoying.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

It really does not matter what UK law is.

If Ebay expect business sellers to provide a phone number to be on their public details, then you will have to supply one.

I don't think (this is from memory but you could check yourself) that all UK business sellers do have a phone number in their 'about' section.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

As @jckl1957 has said its eBays rules and we just got to play by them, if you are registering the best advice I can give you is to buy a cheap 2nd phone and have a sim in that as that is the number you will need if you wish for eBay to contact you, plus it stops random people calling or messaging you off here which is rather annoying.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: