Unable to find Reference number For packlink

Hello,

I am currently having an issue on my seller account.
A customer bought an item off me last week and I paid for DPD postage via ebay.

It appears to be lost as it's been about a week and the tracking says there is an unexpected issue.

I went onto ebay's online chat to make a claim on this and was told that I would need to speak to the courier to make a claim as ebay aren't responsible.
So, I went onto DPD's online chat and discovered I was contacting the wrong DPD and that it was a DPD Local parcel (bit confusing as it doesn't say DPD local on ebay when I select it)

I then went to DPD local to try and claim, only to find that I need to contact packlink (which DOES actually seem to be ebay so was given the wrong information by the ebay rep)

Now I have hit a wall as packlink are asking for a reference number. I swear I have put in every number & code I found on the label and it keeps telling me it is the wrong code!
Can someone please help me before I lose my mind 🙃

Why it can't just be the tracking number or consignment number that are easy to find, I have no idea.

pic below of the label with details hidden. I'm pretty certain I tried all the different codes that are on it

Thanks in advancemarbles.jpg

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Greetings to anyone that has had the same issue as me and is now googling this in the future!

I heard back from packlink and now have the code.

It can be find when you go to https://www.ebay.co.uk/ship/labels/seller-hub (can't guarantee this link will work in the future) and is the number that the arrow is pointed at in the picture below.

I also attached a picture of the label with an arrow pointing at where to find it.

it's a bit confusing as the number that they suggest to look for is along the lines of 530000000 for DPD, but the actual number is something like 15501295541711
And when you look on the label it is written as 15501295541711C which is how I would have copied it when I tried that one.

Hope anyone in the future finds this post helpful.

arrow on packages screen.jpg

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

This page might help you find it.

https://support-ebay.packlink.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4407787102994-How-can-I-retrieve-my-Packlink-ref... 

It says packlink numbers start with GB but I don't know if that's right or not because I don't use packlink.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Thank you for your response and the link.

The label does have GB- followed by the customer's postcode.

I tried filling the form in, but it says "packlink reference number not found"

It was sent via DPD so I tried the tracking number then tried it again with "DPD" infront as I read something about that somewhere, but nope.

It's very frustrating, because it is almost like they are intentionally making it difficult to make any claim at all.
We sent 115 parcels through ebays postage services in the last 3 months and I was increasing this for higher value orders because the compensation seemed quite good, but if there's no real way to make a claim then I will have to stop using ebay's options and use an alternative.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Thank you for continuing to try and help with this.

I have looked through that thread and see someone posted a link to view packlink orders, but when I try this it seems to take me to an old system and the only order showing on there is one we sent several years ago.

I have now found a way of contacting packlink and sending them a message so will hopefully get a response telling me what I can do, which I will then update on this thread for anyone that may have the same issue.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Greetings to anyone that has had the same issue as me and is now googling this in the future!

I heard back from packlink and now have the code.

It can be find when you go to https://www.ebay.co.uk/ship/labels/seller-hub (can't guarantee this link will work in the future) and is the number that the arrow is pointed at in the picture below.

I also attached a picture of the label with an arrow pointing at where to find it.

it's a bit confusing as the number that they suggest to look for is along the lines of 530000000 for DPD, but the actual number is something like 15501295541711
And when you look on the label it is written as 15501295541711C which is how I would have copied it when I tried that one.

Hope anyone in the future finds this post helpful.

arrow on packages screen.jpg

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got Postage related questions? Start here: