Postage labels. Paid by buyer or seller?

Hi,

I feel a bit confused about the postage system.

I thought that the buyer paid the postage as it says in the product preview without me paying any postage.

e.g. £15.00 Item subtotal+ postage (buyer pays £2.88)

However, then I was guided to buy postage for £6.36 on top of what the buyer bought. Don't understand that.

Now, somebody purchased another item and I had to pay postage again. 

My question is. How can I avoid this situation? I just want a buyer to pay for the postage. 

Like on Vinted for example. It is much clearer than here, to be honest.

Many thanks

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Buyer pays for item plus any postage cost.This is paid to you via Ebay AFTER they have deducted their fee's which are about 13%.

Ebay charge their fee on the whole amount.

You then buy the postage ,cheaper if you buy it at the P.O. counter.

If the postage charge is more than you quoted in the listing then that is your mistake ,you cannot ask for extra from the buyer AFTER a sale.I have misquoted postage costs many times ,i'm probably down by about 3k over 17 years of selling.

If the postage cost is capped in the categories you list in you can add the difference to the start or buy it now price.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I see.

However, don't know if it is me but I still see a gap in that area and don't understand why I was asked to pay the postage after somebody bought an item and PAID FOR THE POSTAGE too! That is confusing for me.

Now I do 'free delivery' and calculate that into the price the buyer pays. Seems like the easiest way.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

The buyer pays the item price and postage as shown on your listing to eBay

eBay take their fee and deposit the remainder to your bank (this includes the postage paid by the buyer)

You pay for the postage from your bank account-you already have the postage from the buyer.

"Free Delivery" is no different,the full amount is paid to eBay who deduct their fee and then deposit the remainder to your bank and you pay for the postage.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

The buyer pays you, the seller, for the postage

You take that money and you buy the postage with it and then send it to the buyer

eBay offer you the option to buy the postage online, or you can take it to the Post Office and buy it there, it is optional to buy the postage on eBay. Either way, it is up to you to send the item and you use the money the buyer paid you to buy the postage. 

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got Postage related questions? Start here: