Click & Collect - shop refuses to accept the parcel

Have had an item sent out to customer, he choose the click & collect option (a shell garage), address label had all correct details ecp# etc but when he went to collect the item. He was told that they didn't provide the service any longer & hadn't for some time, therefore the parcel is being returned to sender (me). Buyer still wants the item though but who should pay for the postage second time around? & why was the buyer given the option to choose that address as a collection point by ebay when he paid, when it's clearly not a collection point anymore! 

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Click & Collect - shop refuses to accept the parcel

As far as reposting the item again to the buyer, once its returned, i'm afraid that would be down to you, because the buyer has already paid once and expects the item, the fact the garage doesn't accept items anymore isn't their fault or problem. As far as the garage is concerned, i would give Ebay a ring and point out whats happened and why they are still listed as an option and what, if anything, they may or may not do about your wasted postage costs.

This is why i have never used the click and collect service or GSP, too many cooks in the kitchen 😉

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent
Got Postage related questions? Start here: