changing postage labels - new weight

I have sold an item (First time I've ever sold anything!) I made a mistake in choosing the weight of the parcel. It is heavier than the label allows for. Can I pay the extra at the post office?  (It wont be much) Or do I need a new label from Ebay? If I do need a new label, how do I get one linked to my item?

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

changing postage labels - new weight

If you are going to the Post Office anyway, personally, I would cancel the Ebay label and just buy the postage from the Post Office so you are sure that the weight and size are accurate.

You can't use the Ebay label and pay the extra at the Post Office.

How to cancel a postage label

Labels purchased on the eBay labels platform need to be used within 14 calendar days. If unused, make sure to void the label within 14 calendar days to get a refund.

If you printed a label with eBay Delivery Powered by Packlink, you can cancel it within 15 days by visiting Packlink help page on cancelling or modifying a shipment - opens in new window or tab.

Here's how to void a postage label in My eBay or Seller Hub:

1. Select Selling in My eBay, or select Orders on the Seller Hub Overview page.
  2. Select Postage Labels on the left-hand side.
  3. Select Actions next to the label you'd like to void, and select Void Label.
"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent