Closed case

because I opened a case as my item didn't arrive for two weeks when It did arrive I closed the case to then find when I went to fit the part it was damaged. Now I can't return the item. I did contact the seller but I think he thought it was funny I couldn't return it now.

I also contacted Ebay to be told I can't return the item as a case had already been closed. 

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Closed case

If you opened a NOT RECEIVED case then item is received, but is faulty, then you do what you have already  done, close the not received case and  open a not as described case.

This is the only time when two cases can be opened.

If you have done the above correctly then the "advice" from ebay was wrong. Not unusual I am afraid, but you may not have given them the full facts.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Closed case

It looks as if you opened a return case rather than an 'item not received' case when your item didn't turn up.

As advised, you can open an 'item not received' case then open a return when you get the item if it is not as expected.

This has to be done within 30 days of receiving the item.

You should have a careful and thorough read of the Ebay Money Back Guarantee.  It gives good buyer protection but you do have to follow the process carefully.

You could try your payment provider to see if you can start a chargeback as you have purchased an item online which was damaged when it arrived.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Closed case

plum993
Experienced Mentor

As advised,now open a "Not as described in the listing return" here,https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/returns-refunds/returning-item?id=4041

Despite what the ebay agent told you,ebay say you can open another case on this occassion, but may need help from ebay to do so.Look to contact ebay again this morning,and explain and they should help you open a case.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent