Can't add tracking details on the 'add tracking details' page

Hi, I've returned an item to a seller using the label ebay provided on a pdf, but when I go to the 'add tracking details' page, it won't let me submit the tracking number. It is a standard Royal Mail tracking number with two letters followed by nine numbers and then GB on the end. I've tried using the format on the label and also removing all the spaces, but it just will not submit the tracking number.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Tracking should be added automatically when scanned at post office, so if you have posted tracking should be slready loaded, so you cannot add again.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Thanks, but when I go to the return item page, it hasn't registered as having been dispatched, even though I posted it this morning and it does show up on on the Royal Mail tracking system. For some reason ebay doesn't know I've posted it.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

The status has finally changed to 'you posted the item'. I wonder why I didn't get an email acknowledgement this time. The last time I returned something I was sent an email from ebay within minutes of the package being scanned at the post office, saying thanks for posting it back and here's a link to track it.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent