Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 28.02.24 @2pm

Hi everyone,

Our eBay Community Team is made up of marco@ebay, @dave@ebay  and katie@ebayBetween us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, Fulfilment, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on, we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have, and we’ll do all we can to support. 

How the chat works:

• The chat will open at 2pm and will remain open for new questions until 3pm each Wednesday.
  • We will answer the questions chronologically and will reply after 3pm if needed.
  • To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply.
  • We will reply quoting your question.
  • This chat is designed to provide quick replies from eBay employees on subjects we can assist you with publicly. 

Rules:

• One question per reply. If you have multiple questions, please do multiple replies.
  • Follow the community guidelines, which can be found here
  • Your reply must contain a question. Please do not reply to another members question with an answer. Replies with no questions may be removed to help with the reading of this thread.
  • This thread will close in one hour, so please open a discussion thread and @mention our team if your question is in-depth, ongoing, or more of a general complaint. This way, we can reply to you in a way that is most beneficial to all.

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us, or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 31
See Most Recent
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 28.02.24 @2pm

@lincolnshiremarine wrote:

Good afternoon the community team.

I am still having issues with your estimated delivery dates. 

This is now resulting in several messages from buyers thinking their items are late, when they are not.  However, they are going by the information that ebay are providing them, your weird calculation formula, rather than base it on the actual couriers information.

Here are the messages I am getting: 

"transom saver not arrived yet???"

"Hi not to pleased due to the fact I ordered this part from your company because of the delivery time and it's not happened! Hopefully this item will turn up soon".

The above messages were from buyers that selected our three day, FREE delivery service.

They brought the item on Saturday and and it was dropped off at the parcel shop the same day Saturday.  The couriers do not collect parcels Saturdays or Sundays, but ebay have included those days as collection days.  

Ebay informed both customers it would arrive on Monday, which is false.  If you look on the Couriers website site directly the delivery dates ARE CORRECT, three working days as delivery.

I am seeing that ebay are giving buyers next day delivery too, even though they have selected the FREE THREE day service.

You are making sellers look incompetent and causing unnecessary stress .  I like many other sellers do not have extra time to have to message buyers back and have to explain that the delivery dates set by ebay are wrong.

Can you advise me please on what courier service to use to get this resolved, and, explain the reasonings why you say that the EDD is correct and the system is working.

As we all cannot be wrong on this issue.

Best wishes

Hi lincolnshiremarine, thanks for your post.

Thanks for letting us know about this. However, we've explained how EDDs are calculated, and we've also provided the help pages where you can see how they work and you also can get tips from it, so while I understand you are not happy with the way they work, the answer remains the same. Regarding your question, we are not in a position to tell you what service you should be using, as this is completely up to the services you offer to your buyers and the one they decide to go for.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 21 of 31
See Most Recent

@mixomni wrote:

Thank you, Dave. That's fine, understand. I shall have a look, just setting out new on ebay and sourcing wholesale suppliers at present. I shall reach out on further questions along the way. Many thanks

Hi @mixomni 

We're also on the on the main boards so feel free to tag me in any other questions you have there and Ill come back to you.  

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 22 of 31
See Most Recent

Thanks marco@ebay   I'll try and find that question and  infrm them Amex is accepted.  Perhaps they were using the app, which may n ot have shown the full options for payment .

Message 23 of 31
See Most Recent

many thanks, Dave / that's great, shall do so thank you

Message 24 of 31
See Most Recent

Thank you Marco for your reply.

Do you not think that the way the EDD's are calculated is incorrect?

The system is clearly broke.  If an item is purchased on a FREE THREE WORKING DAY DELIVERY then that item will take THREE WORKING DAYS to arrive, regardless of the ebay system that is in place to calculated EDD times.  The courier is not going to deliver on a Sunday or on a next day service if a THREE working day service is selected.

Part of ebay's business policy is for business sellers to offer a FREE economy delivery service and also an express paid for by the buyer service.  We are complying with this, but, ebay are sabotaging the system. 

Someone in management need to take the decision to switch the current EDD system off until it can be resolved, or as sellers we need guarantees from ebay that negative feedback received due to ebay's incorrect EDD's will be removed.

If this was a court case the explanation for ebay's EDD's would not stand up, as the delivery dates provided are blatantly false and furthermore not achievable.

Best wishes

Message 25 of 31
See Most Recent

@darth_baggins wrote:

When using the seller 'help' function to ask for feedback removal, why does the 'How did we do?' survey nearly always arrive well before the actual response?

Happens more or less every time for me and I have to answer it negatively because eBay are asking me to rate something that hasn't even happened.

Hi @darth_baggins 

This is usually caused by the automation on site, it can trigger the response when the report is sent because that part of the process is complete. 

I understand how this can seem to show the process as completed when its in fact not. Ill pass this on to the site team to review and possibly update.

Thanks,

Dave 

eBay
Message 26 of 31
See Most Recent

Hi again,

If a seller cancels an item for ' Problem with Buyer's Address'  I saw an answer that the buyer can leave a negative feedback?

Surely this is not correct ?

Message 27 of 31
See Most Recent

Thank you Marco for your reply.

Do you not think that the way the EDD's are calculated is incorrect?

The system is clearly broke.  If an item is purchased on a FREE THREE WORKING DAY DELIVERY then that item will take THREE WORKING DAYS to arrive, regardless of the ebay system that is in place to calculated EDD times.  The courier is not going to deliver on a Sunday or on a next day service if a THREE working day service is selected.

Part of ebay's business policy is for business sellers to offer a FREE economy delivery service and also an express paid for by the buyer service.  We are complying with this, but, ebay are sabotaging the system. 

Someone in management need to take the decision to switch the current EDD system off until it can be resolved, or as sellers we need guarantees from ebay that negative feedback received due to ebay's incorrect EDD's will be removed.

If this was a court case the explanation for ebay's EDD's would not stand up, as the delivery dates provided are blatantly false and furthermore not achievable.

Best wishes

Thanks for your reply, lincolnshiremarine.

I see where you are coming from, and I'd be happy to pass this on for you as feedback as well. However, I am not aware of any potential changes to it at the moment, but I will pass this on for you.

Thank you,

Marco 

eBay
Message 28 of 31
See Most Recent

For international postage there needs to be more postage options as royal mail have broken europe into 3 different categorys and prices are different depending on location

Message 29 of 31
See Most Recent

Dear Marco

I would be very grateful if you could forward this feedback on please, not only for me as a seller, but for other sellers too.

Thank you

Message 30 of 31
See Most Recent

@tressygirl wrote:

Hi again,

If a seller cancels an item for ' Problem with Buyer's Address'  I saw an answer that the buyer can leave a negative feedback?

Surely this is not correct ?

Hi tressygirl, thanks for your post.

Buyers can leave feedback for a cancelled order if they paid for the item, and the cancellation was not requested by the buyer, unless the seller cancelled the order because the buyer didn't pay for the item.

More on this policy here, hope that helps!

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 31 of 31
See Most Recent

Dear Marco

I would be very grateful if you could forward this feedback on please, not only for me as a seller, but for other sellers too.

Thank you

Thanks for your reply, lincolnshiremarine.

Yes, absolutely, we've been passing this on for a few sellers now, including you. So, I will make sure to add this to your previous feedback. While I cannot guarantee you that actions will be taken, this will definitely be reviewed.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 32 of 31
See Most Recent

@phoenix_vinyl_and_collectables wrote:

For international postage there needs to be more postage options as royal mail have broken europe into 3 different categorys and prices are different depending on location

Hi @phoenix_vinyl_and_collectables 

I'll pass this on to the guys on the shipping team, I'm sure they are aware of it and may have some plans to address it in the future. 

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 33 of 31
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.