💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 21.06.23 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 17
See Most Recent
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Afternoon eBay Community Team

I have noticed that when I list a Bedspread, Bedcover or Duvet cover. there is a item specific requirement for the TOG Rating. Now there should be no TOG Rating for these items and there is no option to enter your own text. You have to enter something otherwise the listing will show that a specific requirement is needed.
The eBay Category for Bedding Sets & Duvet Covers and even Blankets ask for a TOG Rating which is wrong Only Quilts have a TOG Rating.
The Category for Bedding Sets & Duvet, Duvets only, does not have a TOG.
I believe that the Categories need to be revised.

Message 2 of 17
See Most Recent

What more do I need to do to become a TRS my DRS is 5 and I more than meet the sales volume, minimum transactions and positive feedback, thanks

Message 3 of 17
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

My listings will not show on this eBay account I have another account called bobs_bazaar where I list bedding and clothing

Message 4 of 17
See Most Recent

I have not been able to go through eBay to pay for my Royal Mail labels for a few months now so am having to do it on Royal Mail's site through click and drop. 

The issue I am having is it will only allow me to pay with what it says is my saved PayPal account. Now, I've deleted that PayPal account completely from my eBay profile and I can't find how to add my bank account to the postage page. It doesn't have an option to add any other payment method on there. This isn't an issue when I use Packlink.

I previously rang customer services who told me to update my payments preferences on my eBay account so my bank account is the only option and delete the PayPal but it has made no difference. 

Please could you tell me how to fix it. I have been through the settings a few times and don't know how to sort it out. I am not able to add a screenshot to show you what I am seeing as im using an iPhone to send this message, and the picture isn't compatible to upload. Thanks

Message 5 of 17
See Most Recent

@Anonymous wrote:

Good Afternoon eBay Community Team

I have noticed that when I list a Bedspread, Bedcover or Duvet cover. there is a item specific requirement for the TOG Rating. Now there should be no TOG Rating for these items and there is no option to enter your own text. You have to enter something otherwise the listing will show that a specific requirement is needed.
The eBay Category for Bedding Sets & Duvet Covers and even Blankets ask for a TOG Rating which is wrong Only Quilts have a TOG Rating.
The Category for Bedding Sets & Duvet, Duvets only, does not have a TOG.
I believe that the Categories need to be revised.

Hi @Anonymous ,

I can see your point regarding not having the tog rating item specific. From my understanding the tog rating is an optional item specific on the listing. Are you to leave nothing in that box for that item specific or leave it as n/a? Can you send a screen shot of what happens if you do this?

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 6 of 17
See Most Recent

@veenieandnell wrote:

What more do I need to do to become a TRS my DRS is 5 and I more than meet the sales volume, minimum transactions and positive feedback, thanks

Hi @veenieandnell,

Your account is in great standing and is preforming well in terms of seller level. Looking at your account the only aspect that is not covered is that you are not registered as a business.

You can see the guidelines here on how to be a Top-Rated seller. Being a registered business on ebay.co.uk would fall under this.

Hope this helps,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 7 of 17
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply.

As you can see there is no option for one's own text, such as n/a, only to pick one of the tog rating.

If left blank that when an item specific is required on the listings page.

So I picked the lowest rating just to provide an item specific.

TOG Screen Shot.png

Message 8 of 17
See Most Recent

@technthread wrote:

I have not been able to go through eBay to pay for my Royal Mail labels for a few months now so am having to do it on Royal Mail's site through click and drop. 

The issue I am having is it will only allow me to pay with what it says is my saved PayPal account. Now, I've deleted that PayPal account completely from my eBay profile and I can't find how to add my bank account to the postage page. It doesn't have an option to add any other payment method on there. This isn't an issue when I use Packlink.

I previously rang customer services who told me to update my payments preferences on my eBay account so my bank account is the only option and delete the PayPal but it has made no difference. 

Please could you tell me how to fix it. I have been through the settings a few times and don't know how to sort it out. I am not able to add a screenshot to show you what I am seeing as im using an iPhone to send this message, and the picture isn't compatible to upload. Thanks

Hi @technthread ,

In the UK managed Payments sellers will still need to continue to pay for labels using PayPal.eBay will be introducing a way to deduct shipping label costs from your Processing payout, as long as there are enough Processing funds to cover the label’s cost.This function is not yet available for the UK but  is being worked on.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support

eBay
Message 9 of 17
See Most Recent

Thanks for confirming. I didn't realise because customer services didn't mention it when I rang to get help with it. 

Message 10 of 17
See Most Recent

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for your reply.

As you can see there is no option for one's own text, such as n/a, only to pick one of the tog rating.

If left blank that when an item specific is required on the listings page.

So I picked the lowest rating just to provide an item specific.

TOG Screen Shot.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

As it is an optional item specific you should be able to leave it empty. This may be a technical issue. When you leave it blank can you share a screen shot of the message you get at the top of the listing about having to input the item specific This is the kind of detail we would need for the tech team.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 11 of 17
See Most Recent

Hi

When tring to print out the Daily Payment report via the Exel file as usual it does not work says eBay error when you open this after the file is uploaded

<script>window.location.href="https://www.ebay.co.uk/n/error";</script>
Message 12 of 17
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kat,

Now that the TOG Rating has been cleared you can see that the listing needs an item specific is required, although it is an additional option.

TOG Rating Removed.png

Message 13 of 17
See Most Recent

@mteconlineshop wrote:

Hi

When tring to print out the Daily Payment report via the Exel file as usual it does not work says eBay error when you open this after the file is uploaded

Hi there,

Can you send me a screenshot of where it is you are downloading the report from?

Are you using Reports > Transaction Reports > Enter Date > Create Report?

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 14 of 17
See Most Recent

Hi Katie

I go to Payouts then choose Payout id i want, download it and it comes up in a Excel File to print then it comes up on the file

Message 15 of 17
See Most Recent

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Kat,

Now that the TOG Rating has been cleared you can see that the listing needs an item specific is required, although it is an additional option.

TOG Rating Removed.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

So it does allow you list it without the item specific and the listing itself does without the tog rating. This part here is more of a design feature that it will show this for recommended ones based on the overall category. I'll share this as feedback with our development team for future changes.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 16 of 17
See Most Recent

@mteconlineshop wrote:

Hi Katie

I go to Payouts then choose Payout id i want, download it and it comes up in a Excel File to print then it comes up on the file

Perfect, thank you.

I've downloaded the same, when it pops up on the bottom left-hand corner if you select download it allowed me to save from there I could open it.

It looks like one of the previous downloads is corrupt and is giving that error message. Could I ask for you to re-do the process and let me know if it allows you to save the download and then open the Excel for printing?

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 17 of 17
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.