💬Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 19.10.22 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. Please refrain from opening discussions here, any posts without questions may be removed.

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 35
See Most Recent
34 REPLIES 34

Re: 💬Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 19.10.22 @2pm

Thanks Kat, we'll try then❤️

Message 21 of 35
See Most Recent

@returns_andexdisplay wrote:

Little confused by the estimated delivery times buyers are being shown on orders? 

Buyer purchases item on Friday 14th and given est delivery 19 - 20th which is correct as business policy is 2 day dispatch and 2 day delivery. 

Yet a sold item on Saturday 15th buyer is given est delivery of 18th - 19th

And sold item on Sunday 16th buyer is given est delivery of 19th - 19th

All orders are on the same buisiness policy of 2 day dispatch 2 day delivery

Hi there,

EDD's are based on multiple factors. These are the same as before delivery time plus dispatch but now also included variables such as buyer location, previous performance of postage, previous dispatch performance and external factors such as shipping delays strikes etc.

It could be a case that the variables for the different transactions and creating the EDD's as you see them.

Many thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 22 of 35
See Most Recent

I appreciate it, i have just sent that "i didn't receive it" request, as i said all my other purchased had an estimate for delivery after dispatch this item hasn't had any estimate at any point, thanks for the help. cheers

Message 23 of 35
See Most Recent

@returns_andexdisplay wrote:

For years we have been told the importans of EAN numbers yet on the new listings it is hidden at the very bottom of the item specifics. Then when EAN nubmber has been added comes back with no item found. Can the EAN number box be moved to a more suitable/easier location as fed up of clicking in and out of boxes to keep adding info. 

Hi @returns_andexdisplay,

I'll share your feedback on the location of the EAN's with our development team.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 24 of 35
See Most Recent

Sorry another question.

A majority of our items are personalised, however some customers forget to add certain details or miss something off. We then have to message them to ask for the missing details, sometimes they take a few days to reply. By the time they have we have missed our dispatch by date as we have it set to 1 day.

We then dispatch their item as soon as they have responsed but this can be past the dispatch by date due to the delay caused by the customer. If the item is tracked it will then automatically go against us as dispatched late through no fault of our own.

Please can you add something in where we can delay an order by changing the dispatch date in circumstances like this?

Message 25 of 35
See Most Recent

Kat, thanks - all well and good talking to the payment team, but clearly they're incompetent and/or have no interest in fixing this since April, how hard it would be to just put a nice big red banner for anyone who is in our situation of having a Registered account in the US, but trying to sell in the UK? eBay's entire platform relies on a working payment system which it does not have. 

I suggest you also contact leadership across support and legal, all groups should be informed as well as involved and held responsible for fixing this.  On the subject of support, it can't be up to Jaan Nissar or Rajit Bangra etc to send out generic incorrect responses with regards to an issue as serious as this, still every couple of days someone new joins the other thread and says they're still being told to open bank accounts, wait 48 hours etc. 

Message 26 of 35
See Most Recent

@mcdmc.da.rkxkscc wrote:

I appreciate it, i have just sent that "i didn't receive it" request, as i said all my other purchased had an estimate for delivery after dispatch this item hasn't had any estimate at any point, thanks for the help. cheers

Thank you I can see that there.

A bit of a tricky one due to the timeline and that strange tracking number. I'll need to look into it after the live chat but will get back to you via private message.

Many thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 27 of 35
See Most Recent

@ak_craft_crazy wrote:

Hi,

Is there anything in the pipeline to highlight orders who have purchased a postage upgrade from our standard postage?

We use Royal Mail for our lables and integrate this into eBay, however the postage is not automatically selected on Royal mail so we have to select it manually. When doing this it is so easy to miss an order who has paid extra for delivery as it is not highlighted. The way to see without clicking on each and every order is to look at the price of the item and the price paid as this is higher if they had upgraded the postage.

It would be nice to highlight the order or have a postage colunm showing the postage selected will make it much easer to manage.

Hi @ak_craft_crazy ,

I understand your point about highlighting the postage. It's not something that's in the pipeline at the moment but I will share the feedback with the relevant team for this.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support

eBay
Message 28 of 35
See Most Recent

Please find attached the screenshot.

Thanks

Message 29 of 35
See Most Recent

100% agree with you.

Message 30 of 35
See Most Recent

@ak_craft_crazy wrote:

Sorry another question.

A majority of our items are personalised, however some customers forget to add certain details or miss something off. We then have to message them to ask for the missing details, sometimes they take a few days to reply. By the time they have we have missed our dispatch by date as we have it set to 1 day.

We then dispatch their item as soon as they have responsed but this can be past the dispatch by date due to the delay caused by the customer. If the item is tracked it will then automatically go against us as dispatched late through no fault of our own.

Please can you add something in where we can delay an order by changing the dispatch date in circumstances like this?

Hi @ak_craft_crazy,

There isn't a way right now that something can be added for this type of circumstance but we would recommend appealing the defect when this does happen.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 31 of 35
See Most Recent

We have to log in everytime we do an action in eBay, it's really annoying.

Message 32 of 35
See Most Recent

Thank you for your response, please can this be fed back to the relevant team to look into implementing something. As appealing every single defect for this reason and having to explain each one will become very time consuming indeed.

Message 33 of 35
See Most Recent

Hi @eshopforce01 ,

I performed the same search on my side on Chrome and it does remain at default and not changing to worldwide. 

katebay_0-1666187723201.png

Would there be anything on your system side like a VPN that could be causing this.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 34 of 35
See Most Recent

No, because it's changing everyday and on every search.

Sometimes by default sometimes worldwide....

Message 35 of 35
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.