💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 19.04.23 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 45
See Most Recent
44 REPLIES 44

Re: 💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 19.04.23 @2pm

@2009happychap wrote:

Hi I hope you can help, I am being houded by a seller becasue I put honest feedback on which was negatvie, he keeps contacting me to withdraw the feedback... I origally did not ask for a refund as I had used the item I have politley told him my feedback was honest so No I wont remove, he has now offered me a 50% refund.  I am not interested in the refund, I just want to be left alone and feel like i am being hounded,  I have searched to see if I can contact ebay to inform them but nothing.  Please please help  thanks Deborah

Hi @2009happychap,

Sorry to hear this has happened here. 

You have done the right thing in expressing that you do not want to accept anything for the feedback to be revised. This would fall under feedback extortion and would be against eBay policy that the seller is asking you to do so. Please report the seller to our teams via the help pages if they continue to break the policy.

Thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 41 of 45
See Most Recent

@nakedkeg wrote:

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply.

Would I be correct in thinking that Tech are only concerned with the Bug?

Is there any indication that anyone from eBay is looking at correcting the financial detriment I have suffered?

Regards,

Neil

Hi @nakedkeg

The guys in the tech team are indeed looking into the bug itself however, we do not offer any compensation for tech issues.

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 42 of 45
See Most Recent

@sueg8453 wrote:

Hi

Sold a brand new graphics card on Ebay.  It had been an unwanted gift.  Buyer bid and accepted and send it off.  A week after he received it, Ebay contacted me to say that he had asked for a return due to the item being faulty.  I do not accept returns.

He said it seems be hitching and crashing which I regard as a technical issue and I have subsequently referred him to the manufacturers website where they have technical support and if the item is deemed faulty, they will arrange an RMA under its warranty.  There are many things which can cause these issues but it doesn't mean that the actual item is faulty, it could even be his own equipment not being sufficient for the card.

He was reluctant to follow this advice and said that he had done all that was reasonably possible but didn't do as I had suggested and still wants a refund.

I am reluctant to refund him as the item received by him was brand new, unopened and unused and if he returns it to me, it will no longer be in that condition and hence its value will be far less. 

My last response to him has not been replied to and that was five days ago.  I fear he may not do anything further for a while but how long do I have to wait before Ebay stop the hold on my funds?

Await your advice

Thank you

Hi there,

Thank you for your question.

When selling on eBay your sales would then fall under the eBay Monty Back Guarantee. You can choose to not except remorse returns but any claims of item not matching the description or being faulty are automatically accepted. We would need for the buyer to be offered a means of returning the item to you for a full refund to be issued when it's back.

You can see more on this here with some details on the next steps.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 43 of 45
See Most Recent

@eshopforce01 wrote:

Hello,

The research option is switching to worldwide automatically instead to default location.

It's really annoying

Thank you

Hi @eshopforce01 

You should be able to add a filter for buyer and seller location to filter out any international items and then lock the filters you are using with the switch above the More filters. 

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 44 of 45
See Most Recent

@pg_kicks wrote:

Could you please tell me if a customer returns an item using a label purchased from eBay if it is marked as delivered but it is not actually delivered, with no proof, how do we go from here?

The original seller can not input a claim as the label was purchased from ebays Royal Mail account and any compensation would be given to eBay, also unless eBay are willing to give account number and address a claim can not be opened, but eBay are taking delivered on Royal Mail website as enough proof, even if the post person have marked it incorrectly.

I have had the issue a few times and each time it has resulted in hours of being passed pillar to post between agents who don't have a clue. I'd like a standard across board for any future issues.

Hi @pg_kicks,

This depends on whom the owner of the label is and the reason for the return.

If it is an item not as described case the money for the label (even an automatic one through eBay) comes from the seller. In this situation if the tracking shows it has arrived back to the seller we would need a refund to be issued within 2 business days and the seller (who will be charged for the label via eBay) will need to reach out to Royal Mail.

If the buyer purchased the label for example in a remorse return they would need to reach out to Royal Mail.

This looks to be a more complicated one to discuss publicly so I would recommend reaching out to customer support again to go through the details.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 45 of 45
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.