💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 16.11.22 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.com

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 24
See Most Recent
23 REPLIES 23

Re: 💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 16.11.22 @2pm

@ducatimondo wrote:

When are eBay going to do anything about all of the duplicate listing sellers in the motorcycle vehicle parts categories.

Been asking eBay CS on the phone for more than 5 years to do something about it, to date nothing has been done worth noting.

I asked about it a few weeks ago on this chat, but the question was not ackowleged and the chat ended before anyone said anything about it.

Bit pointless having this feature if you ask a question and the conversation ends at 3pm, whether solved or not.

Surely you can contact me directly to discuss and I can give millions of examples, not an exageration.

Regards

Russ

Hi Russ,

Thanks for reaching out.

We've actually spoken on about this before, I used to work on the Fitment Team you might remember speaking to me. This is something that has been on my radar for quite a while and I have been working across the different teams here to reduce the number of duplicating listings.

We send all the examples provided back to the policy team but as you know I cant speak of any action we have taken on other accounts.  

You can DM me any examples you have and I will of course forward them on and I will follow up with you where necessary.

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 21 of 24
See Most Recent

@lotsauctions wrote:

Hi Kat.  Hope this helps:-

Customer Service Chat Transcript - SR# 1-456538893291

Thanks, Anne

@lotsauctions  thank you.  I'll follow this up offline.

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 22 of 24
See Most Recent

@hill-walker  thank you. I will share the suggestion as feedback.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support

eBay
Message 23 of 24
See Most Recent

@ducatimondo wrote:

When are eBay going to make the vehicle parts compatibility tool work properly on the app.

I asked about this last time I posted questions a few weeks ago too and the answer was posted to say it would be forwarded to the team.

If they don't know what is wrong with it, then it will never be fixed.

As an actual expert in vehicle parts, I would need to explain it to an expert in that department at eBay.

But there is no possibility to report technical issues to eBay or speak to technical teams, so nothing will ever get solved as who you explain it to will not necessarily understand what is wrong or be able to explain it to who needs to hear it.

Yet again, a daft way of doing things, when something works, the team that can fix it need to hear it straight from the proverbial horses mouth what is wrong in order to fix what is wrong.

Can someone contact us to help get the issue solved.

This, as my last question are at the heart of a good buyer experience. So it is somewhat a quandary that we are all trying to elevate that, yet can't due to some shortcomings beyond our control.

Regards
Russ

Hi Russ,

I know how complicated the fitment tool can be especially with motorbikes. As you know getting the correct fitment data can be difficult as the there is now equivalent of TecDoc for two wheels. 

I can arrange a call with the Fitment Team for you to discuss this further as I know bikes are focus at the moment. The chat is locked but you can DM if you would like me to arrange a call and I will reach out to them.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 24 of 24
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.