💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 07.12.22 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 46
See Most Recent
45 REPLIES 45

@ukhaberdashery wrote:

What does a seller do when a buyer opens a case because the item does not arrive on time and then asks ebay looks at the case 2 days later and grants a refund to the customer because tracking shows it as not delivered.   An then 2 days later the seller receives the item as it was stuck in the post?

I take it we claim off ebay as they granted it knowing there are delays.

Hi @ukhaberdashery,

If an item not received case is opened it will remain opened for 3 business days. If it is then closed as the item was not delivered in time we would ask for the seller to refund.

If the item then arrives to the buyer it is a difficult situation as you could ask the buyer to resend the invoice. I also recommend communicating with the buyer when the case opens and letting them know it has been sent, and the delays are caused by the strikes.

Thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 41 of 46
See Most Recent

@petals-and-paws wrote:

Thank you, but they have already been closed (both in my favour as both were delivered with delivery confirmation). Still on my metrics though, which is frustrating!

Hi @petals-and-paws,

I'm glad to hear they were closed correctly for you. 

The protections for the metrics should kick in automatically. Let us know if you see any issues after 10 days.

Thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 42 of 46
See Most Recent

@truly-personalised wrote:

Along with many others here on ebay, I am inundated with INR cases. In your recent communication you state:

Tracked: Please respond to your buyer and let them know that the tracking shows the parcel is still in transit and should be with them in due course, or has been delivered. 

Untracked: Please remember that you need to respond to the case and the buyer. If the item doesn’t arrive with the buyer within 3 business days of them opening the case, you’ll need to refund. 

I use a RM service which shows despatch and delivery, so is this classed to you as tracked or untracked?

I would also like to know why you have not extended the timescales in which we have to deal with an INR case. So if a customer opens a case today because the item was due to be delivered today (which they shouldn't really be allowed to do as on Amazon they aren't allowed to open a case for 3 days after it was due) then that gives me 3 days for it to arrive before they can ask you to step in, then if it isn't delivered by then they get a refund. We all know that some post is taking weeks to be delivered but yet you are asking us to refund them when itis 3 days overdue. This is out of our control as you are giving them ridiculous EDD's and RM are taking weeks. I am told to despatch by the 12th and you are telling them it will be there 10th to 13th. You need to extend the timescales for INR cases. 

Also why on earth are you sending customer emails to say that you can see that the item hasn't been delivered? I have got at least 25% of my deliveries not showing as delivered due to RM not bothering to scan them at the door so then you are basically telling them that it isn't showing delivered when they didn't look on their account they wouldn't know it wasn't showing up delivered. This is just opening us up to even more fraudulent INR cases. 

Seriously, you should be helping us thorugh all this mess, not making it worse.

Hi @truly-personalised ,

I understand the frustration with the cases  but the timescales for the INR's  are not able to be extended.  We are continuing to share your and other sellers feedback regarding the INRs with our shipping department.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support

eBay
Message 43 of 46
See Most Recent

@lord_and_lady_m wrote:

Can you clearly show us where in the buying process, the buyers are being reminded /  advised about strikes delays?

i've gone through it myself in last weeks chat, but my screen shot was removed. I found absolutely nothing reminding me about my postage choice being royal mail and there being delays. Please do not answer me with how ebay cannot do more to remind buyers. I want to know where it is. I cannot find it.

I'm a visual person too, don't worry. Here are some examples of where the buyer would see it on site when tracking has been added or they select to view tracking:

Trackingpage.PNG

It also depends on what service the buyer has on their order. For example if it is sent with Royal Mail and is tracked they see the page above. If it is sent with Royal Mail but isn't tracked the page to open an item not received case mentions it. 

Hope this helps to reassure we are placing information in the important places a buyer sees as they wait for an item.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 44 of 46
See Most Recent

@rainbowjam wrote:

Why do I have a US buyer who bought an item that I couldn't post until 28th due to strike days who has an ebay calculated EDD of 30th-2nd? This isn't even possible without strike days and Christmas. How on earth am I supposed to get them to wait long enough to receive it when the case is already open and the clock is ticking? This was low value, untracked, standard airmail. They've been given an EDD that is shorter than the norm, not longer.

Hi @rainbowjam,

I will take your example here for an US buyer and the EDD and share it with our shipping department.  Right now there is no change to how the EDD's are being calculated other than strike days being taken into consideration but will have this reviewed.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support

eBay
Message 45 of 46
See Most Recent

@lord_and_lady_m wrote:

One of my questions has disappeared.

Why do ebay auto enrol sellers to GSP intermittantly. Sellers may opt out at the product they are selling is only licenced for the UK.

By auto enrolling sellers, ebay are allowing them to be at risk of copyright infringements from  the US, for example.  Why are they doing this?

Hi @lord_and_lady_m ,

There would be an awareness email sent to users who are opted into GSP usually with a timeframe of when it would happen so they can then opt out before that occurs.

Copy right infringements would be very specific to an account. If this issue arises and it was due to being auto opted in by eBay then there would be an appeal process if there was action taken on the eBay account.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 46 of 46
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.