Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 06.12.23 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of marco@ebay, katie@ebay and anita@ebay. Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, Fulfilment, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. Some questions may not be suitable for this weekly chat, as it closes after 1 hour. If you have a long question or one that requires a lot of investigation please write a discussion post on the boards and tag our team members. 

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 50
See Most Recent
49 REPLIES 49

What is the last date for using eBay"s authentication before Christmas.   I use Royal Mail special delivery.

Message 2 of 50
See Most Recent

@j-4-jewellery wrote:

What is the last date for using eBay"s authentication before Christmas.   I use Royal Mail special delivery.

Hi j-4-jewellery, thanks for your post.

That would be the 11th of December.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 3 of 50
See Most Recent

Is 'the user leaves a disproportionate amount of bad feedback' still grounds for removal?

If so, why does eBay not take action against this kind of behaviour? The user has left negative or neutral feedback for every item she's purchased for more than a year, except for one.

I've tried the automated removal request tool but I was refused.

nasty.jpg

Message 4 of 50
See Most Recent

Good afternoon

I have just returned from my ebay shop being on time away, and I have now noticed that the Ebay economy delivery seems to have changed on some listings, but, not on all my listings and I have NOT changed anything.

On my listings I always selected the postage option to say Economy delivery Evri, Yodel and DPD.  

Now some of the listings have gone to Economy delivery Evri ONLY.

I have not changed anything.  I have looked further into this and it appears that you have now started listing the couriers individually?

The problem I now have loads of listings that appear to have changed to Evri tracked, when they use to say Evri, Yodel & DPD and I do not use Evri, I use Yodel, so now do I have to change those listing to Yodel?

Example: Listing number: 195914470144  It now says delivery Evri. (I never selected just Evri) 

Example: Listing number: 204306721467.  Delivery Evri, Yodel and DPD.  (Correct postage one)

What has happened 

Many thanks

Message 5 of 50
See Most Recent

I realise this has been discussed at length and the usual reply it's working as intended, but how can this be right? Please explain it to me, like actually explain it rather than the usual cut and paste response about how you use different factors to work out the dynamic EDD.

My item - 5 day handling time, 2nd class post - EDD - December 9th to 14th.

Another seller, same day dispatch before 3:30pm, 1st class post - EDD - December 14th to 18th.

How can this be possible? A seller who uses a faster delivery service and posts a whole 4 days before me (I don't actually wait 5 days) gets an ETA that starts when mine ends. However way you dress it up, that is not right. It can't be right.

Message 6 of 50
See Most Recent

@darth_baggins wrote:

Is 'the user leaves a disproportionate amount of bad feedback' still grounds for removal?

If so, why does eBay not take action against this kind of behaviour? The user has left negative or neutral feedback for every item she's purchased for more than a year, except for one.

I've tried the automated removal request tool but I was refused.

nasty.jpg

Hi @darth_baggins, thanks for your post.

In order for us to remove the feedback, it would need to violate one of our feedback policies.

However, if you feel that buyer is abusing the feedback policy, can you please report them here and we’ll take appropriate action.

Thanks,

Anita

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
Message 7 of 50
See Most Recent

@lincolnshiremarine wrote:

Good afternoon

I have just returned from my ebay shop being on time away, and I have now noticed that the Ebay economy delivery seems to have changed on some listings, but, not on all my listings and I have NOT changed anything.

On my listings I always selected the postage option to say Economy delivery Evri, Yodel and DPD.  

Now some of the listings have gone to Economy delivery Evri ONLY.

I have not changed anything.  I have looked further into this and it appears that you have now started listing the couriers individually?

The problem I now have loads of listings that appear to have changed to Evri tracked, when they use to say Evri, Yodel & DPD and I do not use Evri, I use Yodel, so now do I have to change those listing to Yodel?

Example: Listing number: 195914470144  It now says delivery Evri. (I never selected just Evri) 

Example: Listing number: 204306721467.  Delivery Evri, Yodel and DPD.  (Correct postage one)

What has happened 

Many thanks

Hi lincolnshiremarine, thanks for your post.

Could you please create a new thread on this on one of our boards, and tag me? I will then help you from there and get back to you before the end of the day. 

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 8 of 50
See Most Recent

Yes, and my question (which you've not answered) was do eBay still have 'the user leaves a disproportionate amount of bad feedback?' as one of those policies that gives grounds for removal.

Could you please answer my question? Thanks.

Incidentally your link doesn't have an option to report leaving a lot of bad feedback.

Message 9 of 50
See Most Recent

I wrote on here two weeks ago about my application for removal of feedback for my one and only negative. This feedback had been left, not in relation to the transaction on which it appeared, but in retaliation for my having previously placed the buyer’s partner on my Blocked Bidder list. The buyer stated this quite clearly on the feedback.

Following my application the comment was removed but the red dot rating was not. The reason given was that it did not violate eBay feedback policy. I could find nothing in eBay policy that allowed feedback by proxy, or that a negative rating was allowed merely for the correct and proper use of the Blocked Bidder facility and for someone else’s account.

I contacted Customer Services by telephone, as previously stated. On Tuesday 28th November I had the following email from the agent Sharon, to whom I had spoken:-

Hello Vivienne,

I hope you are having a nice morning. I am emailing you about the feedback on item 145416324471 from buyer XXXXXXXXX (redacted).

I wanted to confirm as promised I was looking after this for you and took ownership on this feedback. I am happy to confirm this has been fully removed from your account. (My underline).

I am happy to have resolved this for you by making sure to protect your account.

Have a lovely day and take care.

Kind Regards,

Sharon

eBay Customer Service

She wrote, not that it will be or may be removed, but that it has been. It has not. It is more than a week since I received this notice and the red dot Negative is still there. I have tried to reply to this message, but each time I get a response from a different person, and the last time from a No Reply account, so obviously they don’t want to talk to me any more!

So, how do I proceed now as I don’t intend to let this go? How do I get the statement in this email honoured? I have had no direct contact from the buyer, no case has been opened, no return requested, no refund, nothing. Because it is not about her item, her purchase or her buyer experience. It is about someone who was not my buyer and about me going with my instincts, which have been proven correct,  and making correct use of the facility to block bidders. I cannot see for the life of me how that isn’t a violation of feedback policy.

Message 10 of 50
See Most Recent

Items that are listed as auction with BIN are selling at the auction start price instead of the BIN price when a buyer selects Buy It Now. See this thread: https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Seller-Central/MAJOR-eBay-site-bug-item-selling-for-the-starting-bid... as it's been going on for weeks.

Also, once sold, the auction still continues to run through to the end date, causing it to sell twice if someone then places a bid. If no bids are placed then the auction ends as apparently unsold, the listing moves to the seller's Unsold list where it is then unknowingly relisted by the seller although they no longer have it.

My latest affected items are 395018618901, 375074968432 and 395026032306 - all of which sold last Monday and I then inadvertently relisted when the auctions ended. Now having to end the wrongly relisted items. I have no idea how many more I'm going to find.

Message 11 of 50
See Most Recent

Why can I not link my nectar card to my Ebay account? When I try I get the message

Oops, there has been a problem.

You need a www.ebay.co.uk account to use this rewards programme.

I am registered on ebay.co.uk and have a UK address.
Thanks
Message 12 of 50
See Most Recent

@johannadee wrote:

I wrote on here two weeks ago about my application for removal of feedback for my one and only negative. This feedback had been left, not in relation to the transaction on which it appeared, but in retaliation for my having previously placed the buyer’s partner on my Blocked Bidder list. The buyer stated this quite clearly on the feedback.

Following my application the comment was removed but the red dot rating was not. The reason given was that it did not violate eBay feedback policy. I could find nothing in eBay policy that allowed feedback by proxy, or that a negative rating was allowed merely for the correct and proper use of the Blocked Bidder facility and for someone else’s account.

I contacted Customer Services by telephone, as previously stated. On Tuesday 28th November I had the following email from the agent Sharon, to whom I had spoken:-

Hello Vivienne,

I hope you are having a nice morning. I am emailing you about the feedback on item 145416324471 from buyer XXXXXXXXX (redacted).

I wanted to confirm as promised I was looking after this for you and took ownership on this feedback. I am happy to confirm this has been fully removed from your account. (My underline).

I am happy to have resolved this for you by making sure to protect your account.

Have a lovely day and take care.

Kind Regards,

Sharon

eBay Customer Service

She wrote, not that it will be or may be removed, but that it has been. It has not. It is more than a week since I received this notice and the red dot Negative is still there. I have tried to reply to this message, but each time I get a response from a different person, and the last time from a No Reply account, so obviously they don’t want to talk to me any more!

So, how do I proceed now as I don’t intend to let this go? How do I get the statement in this email honoured? I have had no direct contact from the buyer, no case has been opened, no return requested, no refund, nothing. Because it is not about her item, her purchase or her buyer experience. It is about someone who was not my buyer and about me going with my instincts, which have been proven correct,  and making correct use of the facility to block bidders. I cannot see for the life of me how that isn’t a violation of feedback policy.

Hi johannadee, thanks for your post.

When a feedback doesn't violate our feedback policies and procedures, the feedback will remain. Based on your comment above, I'd say that customer service hid the comment. However the mark is still there and it will remain there as it is not removable since the feedback in question doesn't violate our policies.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 13 of 50
See Most Recent

@rainbowjam wrote:

Items that are listed as auction with BIN are selling at the auction start price instead of the BIN price when a buyer selects Buy It Now. See this thread: https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Seller-Central/MAJOR-eBay-site-bug-item-selling-for-the-starting-bid... as it's been going on for weeks.

Also, once sold, the auction still continues to run through to the end date, causing it to sell twice if someone then places a bid. If no bids are placed then the auction ends as apparently unsold, the listing moves to the seller's Unsold list where it is then unknowingly relisted by the seller although they no longer have it.

My latest affected items are 395018618901, 375074968432 and 395026032306 - all of which sold last Monday and I then inadvertently relisted when the auctions ended. Now having to end the wrongly relisted items. I have no idea how many more I'm going to find.

Hi @rainbowjam,

Thank you for this information. Conscious this chat will close in 1 hour, and we won't be able to get to the bottom of this in that time.

Could you please open a thread on the discussion boards and tag me in it? I'll get back to it by the end of the day.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 14 of 50
See Most Recent

@darth_baggins wrote:

I realise this has been discussed at length and the usual reply it's working as intended, but how can this be right? Please explain it to me, like actually explain it rather than the usual cut and paste response about how you use different factors to work out the dynamic EDD.

My item - 5 day handling time, 2nd class post - EDD - December 9th to 14th.

Another seller, same day dispatch before 3:30pm, 1st class post - EDD - December 14th to 18th.

How can this be possible? A seller who uses a faster delivery service and posts a whole 4 days before me (I don't actually wait 5 days) gets an ETA that starts when mine ends. However way you dress it up, that is not right. It can't be right.

Hi @darth_baggins, thanks for your post.

I appreciate your concern. Since EDDs are dynamic, it takes into consideration history and performance of your shipping time. If you post your items on the first day of handling time, it will take it into consideration, as well as courier performance, and when items are being delivered.

Thanks,

Anita

Message 15 of 50
See Most Recent

Hi,

Just a quick one, the reporting system is still either broken or eBay dont care about users breaking policies, I'm hoping its broken but if you tell me its working as planned then that only leaves 1 alternative and in turn you are admitting that eBay don't care that some users are breaking its policy, so I will await the response.

I'm more than happy to send you a an email/pm with numerous accounts which are breaking policy, (no ifs/buts/maybes) if you claim that its working as properly that I have reporting numerous times and who are still listing.

Thanks

Message 16 of 50
See Most Recent

@rwl1001 wrote:

Why can I not link my nectar card to my Ebay account? When I try I get the message

Oops, there has been a problem.

You need a www.ebay.co.uk account to use this rewards programme.

I am registered on ebay.co.uk and have a UK address.
Thanks

Hi rwl1001, thanks for your post.

Could you please share with me a screenshot of the error you, so I can have a better understanding of the issue? Also, just to confirm, this happens when you try to link your accounts, is that correct? 

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 17 of 50
See Most Recent

Hi, I'm a business seller.  I sold an item to a buyer for £250.  She messaged saying she didnt think the suede felt like suede and wasn't happy.  I said I would accept the return and asked her to return (my account states buyer pays/returns if remorse).  She didn't open a case.  Waited a week and received nothing.  To cut a long story short the buyer messages and sends me Royal Mails delivered signature.  Signature was not mine but my surname printed underneath, no card through door and no parcel left anywhere (not with neighbours, in garden, anywhere).  She sent it 2nd class Signed For which isn't a tracked service and doesn't cover over £50 for loss.  We didn't agree this method as she did it so quick.  Signed For is not a tracked service, RM tracked services are Tracked 24, Tracked 48 and Special Delivery only.  I said I hadn't received it and would refund when received.  She opened a case today for not as described and she has to upload proof of return.  She's uploaded the reciept of posting and the unknown signature from last week.  Ebay have messaged giving me 2 days to refund.  What can I do.  I didn't book the courier and even if I could claim from Royal Mail as a third party for stolen parcel etc she didn't use a 'suitable' method of return postage as doesn't cover full value.  First line of my address is wrong on the return too.  On the Ebay claim/request it shows a tracking number Ebay sent her today and the photo shows the RM Signed For reference number.  Looks like she will get a full refund and I end up with no returned item and no way of claiming my money back from Royal Mail.  Is this correct please?  I'm at my wits end with worry.  I sent it Special Delivery in the first place.  Thanks in advance to anyone that can help or point me in direction of what to do next please x

Message 18 of 50
See Most Recent

@pg_kicks wrote:

Hi,

Just a quick one, the reporting system is still either broken or eBay dont care about users breaking policies, I'm hoping its broken but if you tell me its working as planned then that only leaves 1 alternative and in turn you are admitting that eBay don't care that some users are breaking its policy, so I will await the response.

I'm more than happy to send you a an email/pm with numerous accounts which are breaking policy, (no ifs/buts/maybes) if you claim that its working as properly that I have reporting numerous times and who are still listing.

Thanks

Hi pg_kicks, thanks for your post.

The reporting system is working ok. If you wish to report anything, please continue to report them the usual way, and all reports will be reviewed and actioned accordingly.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 19 of 50
See Most Recent

katie@ebay thankyou, I've tagged you in the thread that was already running.

Message 20 of 50
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.