Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 03.04.24 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of dave@ebay and anita@ebay. Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, Fulfilment, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 26
See Most Recent
25 REPLIES 25

Hi,

Could you please pass information on bank holidays to whomever makes up the EDD as they once again did not take into consideration that postal services do not count bank holidays as a business day which has resulted in incorrect (they are already wrong) delivery estimates.

Message 2 of 26
See Most Recent

ccla3379
Conversationalist

Hi guys,

Thx for all your hard work.

Can I ask if there have been any recent updates to the messaging to sellers which takes place during a refund?

It has been a little while since I've done one but my expectations were ...

on eBay messages = 'Hang tight, we're processing your refund request'
on email messages = 'Hang tight, we're processing your refund request'
on eBay messages = 'Order xx-xxxxx-xxxxx has been refunded'
on email messages = 'Order xx-xxxxx-xxxxx has been refunded'

But having just completed one today there was a solitary ....

on eBay messages = '' (nothing!)

Is this an intentional change or is there more work going on in this area?

I appreciate there are folk reporting lost messages between the old/new interfaces but I've only ever used the old save for short tests of the new interface and couldn't see anything.

Thx in advance.

Message 3 of 26
See Most Recent

Good afternoon,

Hopefully a quick one. I have stopped getting email notifications when purchasing postage labels ( yesterday and today. I use Packlink. Is this a glitch?

Message 4 of 26
See Most Recent

@pg_kicks wrote:

Hi,

Could you please pass information on bank holidays to whomever makes up the EDD as they once again did not take into consideration that postal services do not count bank holidays as a business day which has resulted in incorrect (they are already wrong) delivery estimates.

Hi @pg_kicks 

I have a meeting with the shipping team later in the week to discuss EDDs.  Can you DM me an example so I can have them review it. 

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 5 of 26
See Most Recent

Hi,

I can do yeah, I don't think my DM's are working though as the last 2 I have sent to you have gone unanswered, would it be ok for me to just put the order numbers here? Alternatively you can just go on my account and pick any order that was over the bank holidays as it was most of them?

Message 6 of 26
See Most Recent

When can we expect to be able to pay for Royal Mail labels on ebay via the balance in the seller account same as with all the other couriers labels & not via PayPal only ??

Many sellers no longer use PayPal or have closed their accounts not mentioning the frequently reported tech problems associated with this. 

It seems strange that all the other postal labels can be paid for using seller balance or cards but not Royal Mail labels.

From ebay help pages:

Screen Shot 2024-04-03 at 12.37.48.png

Message 7 of 26
See Most Recent

@ccla3379 wrote:

Hi guys,

Thx for all your hard work.

Can I ask if there have been any recent updates to the messaging to sellers which takes place during a refund?

It has been a little while since I've done one but my expectations were ...

on eBay messages = 'Hang tight, we're processing your refund request'
on email messages = 'Hang tight, we're processing your refund request'
on eBay messages = 'Order xx-xxxxx-xxxxx has been refunded'

But having just completed one today there was a solitary ....

on eBay messages = '' (nothing!)

Is this an intentional change or is there more work going on in this area?

I appreciate there are folk reporting lost messages between the old/new interfaces but I've only ever used the old save for short tests of the new interface and couldn't see anything.

Thx in advance.

Hi @ccla3379 

I had a quick check of the active issues for this and there is nothing. I'm not aware of any changes so it could be an issue.

Can you DM me the transaction ID for it and Ill escalate it to be looked into. 

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 8 of 26
See Most Recent

Good afternoon Marco

Since the 20th March 2024 I have not been able to access the weekly chat via my normal route.  I can only see on my screen the weekly chat from 20th March 2024, and last week when I went to access it, only 20th March was showing, no Live Chat, despite it being the correct day and time.  Today the same thing has happened and I am having to access this chat by doing a google search and going around the houses to access it.  

Can you advise what has happened please as it is not showing on my own ebay pages to access it

Best wishes

Message 9 of 26
See Most Recent

Hi,

Last week I asked if someone could explain to me the point of having a cut off time, as nothing changes from the buyers end.

I was told I had asked this question the week before, but what I had asked the week before was regarding holiday settings. 

For example today my cut off time is 2pm, and Thursdays are not a dispatch day. Yet past 2pm the buyer is still shown Friday as the first delivery date, even though it wont be dispatched until Friday,

I honestly just dont see the point of stipulating a cut off time. This is especially frustrating at bank holiday times.

Message 10 of 26
See Most Recent

Good afternoon Team,

Why is the featured post at the side of the message board still the weekly chat from 20th March and not this week's?

ducatimondo_1-1712151179584.png
Thanks
Russ

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- Albert Einstein
Message 11 of 26
See Most Recent

I am in desperate need of help. I made my eBay account as I needed to quickly make sells I needed funds urgently. When making the account I just used a random name and date just for the sake of quickly making an account (am sure a lot of people can relate). Everything was smooth I connected my eBay to my actual bank account of course. I made my first sell and eBay was giving me my money no problem. My nightmare began when out of the blue eBay asked me to confirm my details or I won't get paid. I then thought "ok I need to put my actual details". I tried SO many times and honestly you guys need to talk to you IT department because this does NOT work. I work with computers myself so I'm very much competent. 

Every since then (months ago) eBay has kept all my funds which I made from my buyers, which is a lot of money. This has put me in difficult financial situation as the whole reason of time selling my clothes was to get urgent funds. I came on here to get help after a thousand attempts. I got a call and we went through this for 2 days! After the second day sorting this, the eBay employee who'd had returned my call said that this was sorted and I'd get my money in my bank in a few days just like the old days. I said thank you perfect. I knew something wasn't right though as nothing was confirmed no email nothing on eBay to just verify that my situation is sorted. I went back on eBay and never got my money. The red sign still comes up on eBay saying I need to verify my details! When this was done before! EBay even got the IT department involved!!

Alright so this is the second time I'm coming on this because I was lied to the first time so I'm begging for this to actually genuinely get sorted out. I am kindly asking for a call like last time as this is something that can't get sorted over the phone. PLEASE. EBay can't honestly be telling me that they are choosing to take my money from me. 

Message 12 of 26
See Most Recent

Hi Dave and team,

I'm still not receiving any email notification of when a  helpful isleft and a poster comes back for extra help, when a PM is left, just no notifications at all,  I believe others are experiencing this too.

You did say you'd answer this in the Mentor lounge but cannot see it there.

Is this a new thing now then,  or is it a tech issue ?  It's been like this for a fair few weeks now.

Thanks.

Message 13 of 26
See Most Recent

@cobwebcottage wrote:

Good afternoon,

Hopefully a quick one. I have stopped getting email notifications when purchasing postage labels ( yesterday and today. I use Packlink. Is this a glitch?

Hi @cobwebcottage 

I cant find any open issues for labels directly. There's an ongoing issue with BT mail addresses not receiving any mails. 

I've mailed the shipping team to see if its a known issue on their side. I'll come back to you as soon as I hear from them.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 14 of 26
See Most Recent

Marco/Dave 

I am chatting to the Customer service team now to help and they claim the chat is not live today and now they have sent me this 

"I am currently away and will return on the 16th of April. Please expect a delay in my replies" This note above is added by Macro of the team that you mentioned in the beginning.

"I have checked the details and I would like to share that the chat session that we are referring to are held by the members Dave and Macro. And currently there are no such updates available for any ongoing chat session on eBay community page"

"I would request you to confirm with a fellow community member for the chat session and I will be highlighting this with my team as well for further clarification"

Can you make sense of why I cannot see the current one via my normal route please.

Thanks  

Message 15 of 26
See Most Recent

I am having the same issue,  I could not access last weeks or todays via my ebay page as normal.

I have raised this with Customer service and they claim it is not on today.

I have found it via a different route, but had to go through hoops to access it.

Message 16 of 26
See Most Recent

Good afternoon Team,

Regarding my queries about eBay contacting us by phone, that eBay call us on the mobile number associated to the account instead of our company landline. We originally provided the mobile number to eBay exclusively under the guise of being used only for 1 time verifications by SMS, etc for the account.

I have had 3x calls today from a colleague called Simon that had some important things to discuss with me, but would not discuss anything unless I agreed to him recording the call.

I did discuss the issue of him calling a personal mobile phone in connection to our business and that is was contrary to our statutory rights pursuant to the Data Protection Act 2018, Companies Act 2006 and Communication Act 2003
The fact I have raised this several times means that eBay have clearly failed to address the issue.
I have no idea what he wanted.

I have no reason to speak to anyone at eBay in relation to our business when you call to one of our team's private mobile phones.

If I did try and call back on the number he called from, this would also raise another 2 issues pursuant to Companies Act 2006 and Communication Act 2003, as I would not be able to call you back on the number you called to me from.

Please address this issue!!

Thanks

Russ

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- Albert Einstein
Message 17 of 26
See Most Recent

This is what I am seeing all the time now, just the weekly chat from 20th March, I therefore cannot access the live chat via the normal way on my ebay page.

I also note that it is showing the Roadshow for Ascot too, which has gone.

It appears ducatimondo has the same issue too as per the post.

Thanks 

dave@ebay 

community-team@ebay 

Message 18 of 26
See Most Recent

Could you also please highlight to whomever is in charge that Ascot Roadshow has been and gone, Leicester is the next one, which is still open for registration and the other 2 are Bristol and Dublin. For some reason last week it was mentioned that these have not been announced yet which is incorrect but as eBay dont wish to have a this is incorrect option and the chat is locked at 3pm I couldnt mention it last week. 

Message 19 of 26
See Most Recent

@best-range wrote:

When can we expect to be able to pay for Royal Mail labels on ebay via the balance in the seller account same as with all the other couriers labels & not via PayPal only ??

Many sellers no longer use PayPal or have closed their accounts not mentioning the frequently reported tech problems associated with this. 

It seems strange that all the other postal labels can be paid for using seller balance or cards but not Royal Mail labels.

From ebay help pages:

Screen Shot 2024-04-03 at 12.37.48.png

Hi @best-range 

I know this is something thats being looked into. Unfortunately I don't know if or when there are plans to roll it out.

I mailed this to the shipping to see if I can get an update and Ill let you know as soon as I hear back.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 20 of 26
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.